Community Forum

Another infuriating attempt to find info about gig speeds...

Frequent Visitor

Another infuriating attempt to find info about gig speeds...

I've been curious about gig speeds and if my address qualifies so I long into my account.  Now one would think that it would be pretty easy to find out this information, right?  Well you would be dead wrong.  It was an exercise in frustration.  There were just a few 'offers' but I couldn't see any more raw data on what is actually available.  We don't want phone and we don't watch much network TV and really only wanted to view internet pricing.  Zero.  Blank page.  Nada.  Zip.

I've been a reluctant customer for probably too long meaning if I ever get the service without the endless bait and switch I never call customer service because they always try to up sell or they completely botch whatever it was that the call was about anyway.  Its good service if you don't have to talk to anyone.

I've been lied to so many times by their reps its actually now quite comical.  When I moved to this address I opted for self install and guess who showed up one day?  A super push contractor who insisted that he install the gear.  When I asked to see paper work it was nothing like what was discussed with me when I talked to the rep about my move.  I finally told him to take a hike and just used my old modem.  

Their website is as infuriating as their customer chats or calls.  Just now I attempted to chat with a rep just to ask about my address and if it qualifies for gig service.  I stared at a white screen for 5+ minutes before they even got back to me stating they needed my address again, even though I was signed into their website and they were chatting with me.  Verifing this information now is just silly since it would not take a genius to spend a moment to open another window and look it up if you were not actually the owner of that account.

I really wish there were decent alternatives but broadband carriers in this (and most) areas are just as infuriating if not worse.

Likely not upgrading.

Official Employee

Re: Another infuriating attempt to find info about gig speeds...

Hello @Gonzo425. We apologize it's been so difficult for you to get help with your Gigabit speed inquiry. I can assist with reviewing the Gig speed options at you location. I'll need to access your account to pull the available offers. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.