Community Forum

Another E-Bay Scam Offer

Highlighted
New Poster

Another E-Bay Scam Offer

I just received call from what was clearly an Indian call center. The incoming number was 800-266-2278 (Comcast). After heexplained to me I would be receiving a Promo code for the next 2 years at 39.99/mo (for my internet), but I would have to pre-pay 6 months I became skeptical. Then the deal got even "better"... I would also receive a $100 Visa card after making the pre-payment.  Though I started out suspicious, it became clear that it was a scam when he said I would have to buy an E-Bay Gift Card for $240 and I would recieve a $100 VISA Gift Card if I did it before 10pm today.

Official Employee

Re: Another E-Bay Scam Offer

Hello, wileydog! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns about this call. The number you mentioned is a known robocaller. We appreciate you providing your experience so others know what to avoid. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Another E-Bay Scam Offer

@Comcast_Support wrote: ... The number you mentioned is a known robocaller. ...

No doubt the call was a scam, but how can you say that 800-266-2278 (800-Comcast) is a "known robocaller"?