Community Forum

An official letter, and confusion from support and in store staff.

Regular Visitor

An official letter, and confusion from support and in store staff.

I'm turning to the forums, in hopes that I can find someone out there that can either honor this letter or perhaps help make my bill closer to what this letter would state.

I have hidden the pricing, as well as the name in the letter below for privacy and will happily scan this for whomever may need it.

"We are always looking for ways to improve our services and on April 19, 2017 we upgraded the Internet tier you are receiving.

Your X1 SAVER DOUBLE PLAY package had included Performance Plus sped tier and you were paying an additional $XX.00 per month for an upgrade to the Extreme 250 tier with speeds up to 250 Mbps.  We have changed the speed tier now included with the X1 SAVER DOUBLE PLAY package from Performance Plus to Performance Pro for all customers.  We will continue to honor your request for additional speed by now giving you the Gig tier with speeds up to 1 Gig for the new monthly rate of $XX.00.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we hope you continue to enjoy all of our great services.  If you would like to review your account and discuss your Internet speed options, at any time, we're happy to help at 1-800-XFINITY.

Thank you for being an XFTINITY customer.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  Name

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  Title

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Region"

I called twice, the first time I was told to expect and escalated response. The second call I was told that this letter should be honored, but they are not capable of doing so and I would need to visit the local store.  In the store they could not provide this pricing either, and worked my bill *around* so that it went up for this service instead of down(as the letter would suggest it would - and also the phone support suggested it would).  I've had a number of recent problems with my service and have recieved a lot of help getting it working, I have high hopes I can get this figured out in a way that makes some sense.

Thank you,

Sean