Community Forum

Am i being punked?

New Poster

Am i being punked?

This must be a joke.

After 8 years, I called to repackage my service/or cancel on 4/5. I was told i needed a call back to finish the modem setup.

- no call back so service cancelled right?

Wrong. 

- Bills keep coming at $250.

- I submit requests to cancel on 6/8 and 6/9

- "request denied" 

- call in, agent demands i pay $500. transfered to supervisor ... disconnected 

- Call back, transfered to supervisor... disconnected

- New bill for $770.. for services AFTER my cancelation date.

- Call back Retention rep demands i pay $770 or i'll be sent to collections. - Rep demands i "walk" to comcast store to fix this or be sent to collections transfered to supervisor... disconnected.

- Go to comcast store... told  i need to call in. I am made to wait while she puts in a ticket for me to be sent new copies of my bill and told no one can help me.

-Call in today. Rep tells me my cancellation 4/5 or 6/8 was not vaild. demands i pay $770 AND turn my equipment in 

Why are you taking customers of 10 years driving them away and then treating them like criminals. I need to speak to someone who can resolve this. 

Expert

Re: Am i being punked?

@fincho wrote:

This must be a joke.

After 8 years, I called to repackage my service/or cancel on 4/5. I was told i needed a call back to finish the modem setup.

- no call back so service cancelled right?

Wrong. 

- Bills keep coming at $250.

- I submit requests to cancel on 6/8 and 6/9

- "request denied" 

- call in, agent demands i pay $500. transfered to supervisor ... disconnected 

- Call back, transfered to supervisor... disconnected

- New bill for $770.. for services AFTER my cancelation date.

- Call back Retention rep demands i pay $770 or i'll be sent to collections. - Rep demands i "walk" to comcast store to fix this or be sent to collections transfered to supervisor... disconnected.

- Go to comcast store... told  i need to call in. I am made to wait while she puts in a ticket for me to be sent new copies of my bill and told no one can help me.

-Call in today. Rep tells me my cancellation 4/5 or 6/8 was not vaild. demands i pay $770 AND turn my equipment in 

Why are you taking customers of 10 years driving them away and then treating them like criminals. I need to speak to someone who can resolve this. 

A.) Was your service repackaged in any way?  Did you accept an offer?  Were you still using the service between 4/5 and 6/8? 

OR

B.) On 4/5 did you specifically request cancellation and return any equipment you may have been renting within 10 days of cancellation?

If yes to any of A.) then the charges are valid.

If yes to B.) why did you wait until 6/8 to deal with this?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

a. how much more specific do i need to be than "repackage or cancel my service" I dont "have to do" anything i dont have a contract. 

b. 6/8 was the date i had paid up to.

c. I'm not interested in some Comcast Fanboy's view on how great comcast is 

Expert

@fincho wrote:

a. how much more specific do i need to be than "repackage or cancel my service" I dont "have to do" anything i dont have a contract. 

b. 6/8 was the date i had paid up to.

c. I'm not interested in some Comcast Fanboy's view on how great comcast is 

There's no need to be rude.  I asked questions for clarification, not to say "how great comcast is". 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Pardon, i am a bit combative after being treated so poorly by customer service i shouldn't have taken it out on another customer (which for some reason i still am) My appoligies 

Valued Contributor

You assume because you didn't get a call back from a previous call where you "mentioned disconnecting if (XY needs aren't met)" that they would just submit a disconnect order for you, even though the call was never concluded? No, you don't. You had active service and kept the equipment at home using it, which is why you waited until mid june to reapproach it. You did not pay your bills from the time you decided you were "done" with Comcast, now you realize it goes on your credit and want someone to basically give you free service. I am a customer, with no BIAS of providers, and I will not be as polite as Again when it is so blatantly obvious what you are doing. I would not expect anyone to waive all these "punk'd charges" but hey, I have seen crazier things happen.
Official Employee

Hi @fincho

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience. The information being provided above is correct, but I wouldn't mind reviewing your account and the notes to see if there is anything I could do to help you.  

Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.