Community Forum

All offers expired??

Contributor

All offers expired??

I want to upgrade from phone+internet to Triple Play Premier.  

When logged onto my account and clicking the shop/upgrade button, several offers are displayed — but throughout January and still as of today (2-3-2019), all of the offers say “offer expires 12/31/2018.”  

How do I see current offers? Or are these current, and the expiration date is wrong?  Anyone here upgrade via the website in January, and know whether these are still valid offers?

Regular Visitor

Re: All offers expired??

When I got my service, a year ago, tv and internet, I was told to call back 02/01/19 and inquire if tthere was any availability of cable specials. I am 75, and don’t need a lot of sports or diy shows, but if there is any cable specials, I would be interested. There are really a lot of options in my area with different companies that offer cable, satellite and internet 

Expert

@scott123 wrote:

When logged onto my account and clicking the shop/upgrade button, several offers are displayed — but throughout January and still as of today (2-3-2019), all of the offers say “offer expires 12/31/2018.”  

How do I see current offers? Or are these current, and the expiration date is wrong?  Anyone here upgrade via the website in January, and know whether these are still valid offers?

All offers there are for "new" customers. We are not "new" customers.

A Comcast employee here may be able be able to help you with some kind offer if you are nearing the end of your current contract. They reply to posts in order received.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

>>All offers there are for "new" customers. We are not "new" customers.

No, these ARE offers for existing out-of-contract "double play" customers (like me) to upgrade with "Triple Play" packages.  I am signed in to my account, and clicking "add services" shows only Triple Play offers (various speeds, channel packages, dvr / non-dvr, etc).   The fine print even says "existing customers".   They also require a 2-year contract (I haven't been under contract for many years).

Problem is, they all say "offer expires 12/31/2018."   So either they haven't updated the web site with current offers, or perhaps the offers have been extended but the web site hasn't been updated with new expiration dates.   Hoping somebody here has dealt with this during January 2019 and knows the answer.

Expert

When an OE here responds to your message here, (maybe   :> )   ) they can explain the offers and what you saw.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@scott123 wrote:

Have you cleared your browser cache?

Contributor

>> Have you cleared your browser cache?

Of course.   And as I mentioned in the OP, the same expired offers have been there throughout January, and now into February.    Have also tried multiple browsers (Edge, Chrome on windows, Safari and Chrome on iOS) in case different scripts fire for different user-agent values.  All the offers are the same as displayed in December, still with the 12/31/2018 expiration dates shown.

Contributor

Well, I decided to place an order this morning and just see what happened... 

I selected the Premier Triple Play offer w/2yr contract, and went through the checkout process.   It correctly said my Emta would need to be replaced with a gateway (my old tm722g can't handle the new plan's 400mbps),  and said I would need to return the 722g.  I was asked whether I wanted the optional battery, whether I wanted to self-install or a truck roll, and was offered some optional pay channels.  At end of checkout, it showed proposed new monthly cost with taxes/fees.  All looked good, so I submitted the order.

About 1 hour later...  I got a confirmation email.  It correctly showed my old double-play (internet and phone) plan being cancelled, and being replaced with the new Premier Triple Play package.

About 4 hours later....   

1.  I noticed my tm722g rebooted.  I checked the log, and saw it had been reprovisioned so I ran a speedtest.   On my old plan, it  gave ~120/12, and now I'm seeing ~142/10.  I think ~142 is about max for a 722g, won't get the 400 until the XB6 arrives.  New plan is 400/10, so I lose 2mpbs upload speed but won't really miss that.

2. I checked "My account", and it now lists an XB6 and X1-DVR assigned, with serial numbers.  It shows my speed tier as 400/10.  And there is a shipment notice with UPS tracking number, along with a message saying my new equipment is "on the way".

So....  Apparently the offers are still good, despite their stated 12/31/2018 expiration.  And apparently they ARE valid for existing "double play" customers upgrading to "triple play".  

Now I just need to go pull a cable for the TV so I'm ready when the equipment arrives.

Official Employee

Hi scott123. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. If you still need support with reviewing the offers and your account upgrade, I can help. Feel free to send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi scott123. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.