Community Forum

Address not serviceable, but next door neighbor is.

New Poster

Address not serviceable, but next door neighbor is.

We are moving to new address in the same town we currently live in.  The new address that we are moving to is listed as not serviceable by comcast.  Our next door neighbor's address that is 249 ft from our home is listed as a serviceable address and so is the neighbor 3 properties down from us (0.20 miles from our house).  There is a house at the other end of our road (0.70 miles from our house) that currently has comcast service.  When talking to comcast representative over the phone they are telling us that we will have to pay "thousands of dollars" for service to be brought to our house.  The  rep also tells me that he does not show our neighbors address but says that he can not explain why the website shows them as a serviceable address.  I know the house exists.  Its 249 from me.  The house 3 houses from also exists and is a serviceable address according to comcasts website.  The representative continues to argue with me that these addresses do not exist and tells me that we will have to pay "thousands" of dollars to have service brought to our house. Some please explain to me!!!?????

Official Employee

Re: Address not serviceable, but next door neighbor is.

Hello jeffball2014, I can look into making your home serviceable for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!