Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Address not in system, new construction

Regular Visitor

Address not in system, new construction

I am trying to set up new service at a brand new house and am being told to keep calling back until the address is in the system. we went to a comcast store in December and they started a serviceability request and we have never heard another word about it. Can anyone helppppppp?
Valued Contributor

Re: Address not in system, new construction

It only takes a couple days normally for a serviceability request.. except, they rarely call the customer to inform them of the results. An agent could look up the ticket for you, if it was put in properly, or submit a new ticket(that is what I would do) and make SURE to get the ticket number!
Regular Visitor

Thank you, I actually contacted them on Twitter and that’s exactly what they did. He asked me if I wanted the results. Lol I mean...why do one and not contact anybody about it? Hopefully we will get some answers soon. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

I don't believe the person who submits the ticket is the one who works it for you. I think they have teams for each area that work the requests. Now, why THEY don't contact the customer and let them know the results, is a mystery. It seems like it would be their primary job.. work the ticket, let the customer know.. Send to construction/technician to setup drop if so.
Anyway, I am glad you got a proper ticket submitted, and are waiting for the results (You can check on status any time by calling in, but I would give it a couple days first.)
Expert

@Cmelendez1983

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Hi Cmelendez1983,  has our Twitter team reached back out to you since your last post?

Thank you 

Regular Visitor

They have given me a ticket number but they said as of today nothing has been done on it. What will this serviceability request actual tell me? We are moving in two weeks and I’m getting nervous about not having service.
Official Employee

Thank you for your reply, our serviceability team will confirm if your address is serviceable and if a pant extension is needed. To avoid duplicating work and since you are already working with our Twitter team, please reach back out to them if you have any additional questions and they will gladly help.

Thank you 

Regular Visitor

Well they will not send anybody out to the actual address until it is verifiable on a map. Until then they said it will be $5000 to get services there, even though the Comcast store representative showed us a map with a tap 60’ from our house. I offered to pay to have someone meet us out there to verify we were at the same location and they said they cannot and will not. So needless to say this was a huge waste of time and I still have no answers.
Official Employee

Hi @Cmelendez1983

I understand how this can be frustrating. Reach out once you are able to get the address verified and registered with your local USPS and I can help get this process started again to see if there are any changes.