Community Forum

Adding internet to a bulk account

New Poster

Adding internet to a bulk account

Hi,

I do a lot of rentals in a building with a bulk cable account.  All the rentals include cable but not internet which in the past was never an issue as the tenant was able to call Comcast and add it under his/her name.  I have a tenant moving in soon who is trying to add internet and everytime he calls to do so, the customer service rep says that you cannot have two different accounts in the same unit and in order for him to add internet he will have to have the owner deactivate the cable.  The owner obviously cannot deactivate the cable as it is included in the HOA fee for the whole building as part of a bulk account.  We have contacted the customer service number 5 times and still the same answer.  Can anyone help or at least give me a phone number I could contact?

Official Employee

Re: Adding internet to a bulk account

Hi adolan1987, thank for reaching out here and welcome to our community forums.  Some bulk properties are not upgradeable which sounds like might be the case here.  Have other tentants in the property you manage been able to upgrade?   

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes they have been able to in the past.  As recently as a few months ago.

Official Employee

Hey there, adolan1987! Thank you for keeping us updated. I'd be happy to check on this with you further to see what's going on with that specific unit. Please send us a PM with your first/last name and the address to get started. 

To send us a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!