Community Forum

Activating XfinityPrepaid

New Poster

Activating XfinityPrepaid

I ordered my XfinityPrepaid service about a week ago & it finally got here 2 days ago. Since it's arrival I've been trying to activate the modem, The first day it arrived I followed the instructions perfectly and when it came to finishing up it wouldn't activate. I called the prepaid service line & was told they needed to send a technician out to my address because it was saying "This address wasn't activated for service". The Technician comes the next day around 8am and activates my address for service, All 4 lights were solid. While the Tech is still here I call once more to activate my modem & the customer service rep tells me again there's an issue. We can't activate your service right away until our system updates that our Technician closed out your appointment. Told me to wait 15-30min & call back, I waited an hour instead !...I try for the 2nd & call back with the same issue. This time im asked to wait a couple hours, I did just that ! I called back for the 3rd time hrs later only for the system to tell us its hasnt updated and I'm going to need to wait ANOTHER WHOLE DAY. Its extremely painful waiting this long for a minor problem that should've been resolved in minutes.