Community Forum

Action required: Return your equipment

Highlighted
Contributor

Action required: Return your equipment

Hello,

I am getting emails with "Action required: Return your equipment" as the subject. The email contains the serial numbers of the equipment. We don't own the equipment and never have. Can a customer service agent please help me with this?

Thanks,

David 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Action required: Return your equipment

There is another thread here with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The emails come to my partner's email account, which is strange since all of the account management emails come to me.

Highlighted
Expert

Those are Phishing scams. Delete them. Never reply.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

This is very helpful. These fishing scams are very well done. I like to think of myself as pretty suspicious when it comes to these kinds of things and I was fooled. Comcast should put out a notice. 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@dwrexv1307 wrote: ... I am getting emails with "Action required: Return your equipment" as the subject. ...

If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail (https://connect.xfinity.com/), look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email. If the logo is missing when you view the message in webmail, the message is not from Comcast.

Unfortunately, AFAIK the logo is not present when you view one of their emails in email apps or programs, not even Comcast's own email app. It's only visible when you use their web email site.