Community Forum

Account is no longer active

Highlighted
New Poster

Account is no longer active

I'm a previous customer who cancelled my Xfinity service last year, but would like to purchase internet service again for a few months. However, when I sign into my account and go to users it says, "This account is no longer active". I cannot purchase any plans, as I either get sent to a page that says that I cannot make changes to the account, or informed that I cannot get a plan at my address. I assume this is a result of my account being deactivated, but I do not know how to go about reactivating the account. Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Account is no longer active

@Mainlander 

I'm a previous customer who cancelled my Xfinity service last year, but would like to purchase internet service again for a few months. However, when I sign into my account and go to users it says, "This account is no longer active". I cannot purchase any plans, as I either get sent to a page that says that I cannot make changes to the account, or informed that I cannot get a plan at my address. I assume this is a result of my account being deactivated, but I do not know how to go about reactivating the account. Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot reactivate that account; you canceled it, so it's basically a "dead" account.  You are now considered a new customer so you need to be going that route.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Account is no longer active

I've attempted creating a new account, but whenever I enter the verification code sent to my phone I get a message saying that the information doesn't match their records. I'm guessing since the phone number is still associated with the old account, though I'm not certain.