Community Forum

Account No Longer Active

Highlighted
New Poster

Account No Longer Active

I just paid (and got) my internet last week on Tuesday and about 30 minutes ago I lost connection and now it is saying I no longer have an active account?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Account No Longer Active

@kev10 

I just paid (and got) my internet last week on Tuesday and about 30 minutes ago I lost connection and now it is saying I no longer have an active account? 

Did you recently move into the place you're now living?  Are you renting, or did you buy your residence?

If any of that applies, chances are the previous resident hasn't paid their bill.  An account is tied not just to a person but to the residence.  You'll need to show proof of occupancy before it will be turned on again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Account No Longer Active

"Solved" The issue.

Yes, I have recently moved and this is my first time supplying my own internet. After three hours of talking to support they have no clue why it was deactivated but were able to reactivate my account and my wifi is back online. They said it was a "billing issue" but said it was not a payment issue (I even triple checked to make sure my bank didn't freeze my account since I have never done this before).

With that being said, my Xfinity account now has no knowledge that I have an active and working X1 Modem running in my apartment.