Community Forum

Account Fraud

New Poster

Account Fraud

Has anyone had an issue with fraud. This month i went to pay my bill and my account went up $300 and customer service has informed me that my wife added services at a walmart 2 months ago. number 1 we do not shop at walmart and number 2 my wife was not an authorized user in our account. Has Customer service has not told me there is nothing they can do to fix this. has anyone had this issue? should i jjust report this to the FCC or BBB?

Expert

Re: Account Fraud

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello, love_angel. Please visit https://www.xfinity.com/IDTheftclaimform for instructions on how to complete and submit a fraud claim. Our Customer Security Assurance department's contact information is listed at that site should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your claim.

Frequent Visitor

lots of fraud all over Comcast stores using stolen credentials and attempting to order Xfinity Mobile and  Comcast is playing dumb like this is not widespread!

New Poster

I just was victim of I D theft with an account opened by Comcast in my name. I found out due to a collection on my credit from Comcast. I’m giving Comcast 5 days to resolve it before I have my legal department file a lawsuit.
Frequent Visitor

Since I see you are putting all the accountability on the victims of obvious fraud and collusion that has occurred at your stores and it is obvious that you do have any controls in place to stop it; you could have least made the freaking fraud form editable and electronically submit able instead you make the victims or your neglect fill out a form and fax or mail it, Thanks for nothing!!!!