Community Forum

About 5 techs, and counting.

Frequent Visitor

About 5 techs, and counting.

So, over the last month or so I've had I believe 5 techs come out to the house because my internet speed isn't up to par for what I am paying ~70Mbps sometimes breaking 80. I call. I know agents are instructed to try to keep things at their level, but they waste my time refusing to let me speak to superiors and stalling. (A call center with only "floor supervisors", I don't buy it). Anyway, in this process I have once more spent HOURS on the phone and having my time wasted by having to go through the protocols repeatedly. Get placed on hold. Get disconnected, call back, repeat myself, etc. Then take the time to be around for techs to come, them showing up late, them ruining plans, and so on. Each time told "we'll take care of this, I can assure you". Well, they've checked the coax cables, disconnected cables, replaced cables, added some kind of amp, removed the amp, reconfigured things multiple ways, ran (supposedly) a new line from the box out in someone's yard, tested things repeatedly, etc., and always left with "that's about all I can do, things should be okay", like I just left a doctors office and told to call if things don't get better. Each time, the speeds remained unchanged. Now, I didn't say nothing was done, they did work. The issue is, the problem is still there, and its not the equipment in the house. I told them almost from the start that it is something in their box. I was an avionics electrician, we worked with every kind of wire including coax. All to say, its coming from the source and no amount of doing work will compensate if the source is bad.

To no surprise, techs are coming back again tomorrow to waste another couple hours of my time, where I can't be productive since what I do requires internet. Like the last time, I ephasized greatly that this needs something more than the average techs, or supervisors for that matter. Still, I can almost guarantee I might see one of the same techs who already been to the house before. What am I to do? If they are not a higher teer than who's been here before I'll have them call to get someone else to get over here. If they show up really late, I'll have to send them away because I really do have things to do away from home before the day is out. I've had to do it before when they drive up with 10min left in the window made for my "convenience". It's not coincidence Comcast, it's habitual disregard. I and others should be paid a whole lot more than the "credits" to account for all the troubleshooting, management, phone time, and labor of having to resolve any issue that comes up. It takes so so so so so SO SO freakin' much effort to get anything done. McDonald's functions a whole lot better than that. At the very least they'll have someone in management come out and apologize for failure while they make sure everything was taken care of. Then they go back to actively try to make it better for the next person.

Yes folks make mistakes, and aren't perfect. But, it's not that hard to be considerate of the people who fund your salaries. 

Official Employee

Re: About 5 techs, and counting.

Hello AnotherJarhead, 

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to get your service issues resolved. Did your tech arrive on time? Was he able to isolate the cause of your problem? If you are still having issues, can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or full account number associated with your services in a private message? I'd like to check the signal levels in your immediate area to see if there's a bigger issue going on. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.