Community Forum

ATTN: <edited>, Customer Service at Comcast.

New Poster

ATTN: <edited>, Customer Service at Comcast.

<edited> Customer Service at Comcast.

I take care of my mothers account, in the past 3/4 weeks we have been back and forth with comcast/xfinity about her wifi signal.  Yes! Agents have been out.  I called this past Saturday 7/29 as to a credit for my July 2018 bill.  The agent gave me confirmation # WFXRTC134.  I went to go pay the bill, of course NOTHING referencing my call or credit to the account. I called on Friday Aug 3, and I had to expain everything... everything back to 4 weeks, twice!  To the agent and the supervisor refused to help me.  Phil, agent #92908 and operator C$2.  He kept telling me all he can give me was a $40 credit not the $260 I was told!.  What has me hot is NOTHING was documented so the customer, me, has to pay for poor documentation.  Phil, was aboslutely no help.  I didnt make up the amount with the conffirmation number.  Then go tell me you may want to buy the xfi pods to help with your wifi signal.  What?!!!!  BUY are you kidding me?!!  When you all cant get anything straight but to not honoring to give the credit.  Yes, Im looking right now to leave Comcast.  I pay for 150mg download and only been getting 50mg max for 4 weeks!!!!! But NO, you cant help by honoring a credit I was informed to get.  I would really like for comcast/xfinity to step up and honor this.  I have been a customer for 19 years.  Again Phil, wasnt even trying to hear then went into playing games with "you told me 3 weeks now your saying 4 weeks ma'am which one is it?"  Really?!!!  Im not playing games, I been receiving horrible service from you all for 3 weeks.  This is horrible and poor service, from 50mg, to agent documentation, to customer having to explain themselves 4 times about a 4 week issue, to not honoring a credit.  Im sure Phil got all the notes about todays call and how I disconnected on him.  Please someone contact the DAUGHTER at [edit].  

Valued Contributor

Re: ATTN: <edited> Customer Service at Comcast.

A 260.00 credit is a crazy number to come up with. I am not sure why any of their agents would tell you that much. You had service during this time, just degraded from what you state. 50 Mbps speed is not bad over wireless. So your service was working, well enough to have 50 Mbps download, which again, isn't bad on wireless, and they offer a 40.00 credit and you declined? I understand if you were told 260, you would want that, but whatever rep told you 260 bux credit for internet running slower than usual (still enough to stream HD video, game, or whatever without issue), did not follow whatever protocol is set in place I am sure of that. Look at it from their side. There is no documentation on your account, and the credit amount you provide is WAY out of the norm for what is given for similar circumstances, with a confirmation number that doesn't lead to anything. I can understand you being upset, but to expect 260 dollars for this issue is a bit much.

Expert

Re: ATTN: <edited>, Customer Service at Comcast.

@rmp3229 wrote:

<edited>, Customer Service at Comcast.

I take care of my mothers account, in the past 3/4 weeks we have been back and forth with comcast/xfinity about her wifi signal.  Yes! Agents have been out.  I called this past Saturday 7/29 as to a credit for my July 2018 bill.  The agent gave me confirmation # WFXRTC134.  I went to go pay the bill, of course NOTHING referencing my call or credit to the account. I called on Friday Aug 3, and I had to expain everything... everything back to 4 weeks, twice!  To the agent and the supervisor refused to help me.  Phil, agent #92908 and operator C$2.  He kept telling me all he can give me was a $40 credit not the $260 I was told!.  What has me hot is NOTHING was documented so the customer, me, has to pay for poor documentation.  Phil, was aboslutely no help.  I didnt make up the amount with the conffirmation number.  Then go tell me you may want to buy the xfi pods to help with your wifi signal.  What?!!!!  BUY are you kidding me?!!  When you all cant get anything straight but to not honoring to give the credit.  Yes, Im looking right now to leave Comcast.  I pay for 150mg download and only been getting 50mg max for 4 weeks!!!!! But NO, you cant help by honoring a credit I was informed to get.  I would really like for comcast/xfinity to step up and honor this.  I have been a customer for 19 years.  Again Phil, wasnt even trying to hear then went into playing games with "you told me 3 weeks now your saying 4 weeks ma'am which one is it?"  Really?!!!  Im not playing games, I been receiving horrible service from you all for 3 weeks.  This is horrible and poor service, from 50mg, to agent documentation, to customer having to explain themselves 4 times about a 4 week issue, to not honoring a credit.  Im sure Phil got all the notes about todays call and how I disconnected on him.  Please someone contact the DAUGHTER at [edit].  

It's interesting that you mention that you "take care of your mother's account" because the entire post is about you.  While you "take care" of her account, are you authorized by her [meaning she called in and spoke with someone, where they would have had to confirm her identity], and on file with Comcast, to do so?

Regardless of the problems you mention, you were offered a reasonable credit - actually more than reasonable.  You aren't going to get a free month, or a refund for a month of service.  At $260 you probably also have cable along with internet, and maybe phone, and possibly pay rent on equipment.  Comcast doesn't guarantee you will achieve 150 mg download 100% of the time.  They only claim your speeds will be UP TO 150mg.  Plus, WiFi will not achieve the same speeds as if you were connected directly to the modem by ethernet.

You are, of course, free to leave Comcast, but if your mother is in a contract you/she will have to pay early termination fees.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!