Community Forum

A rant about Comcast customer service

Highlighted
New Poster

A rant about Comcast customer service

On July 8 I returned from vacation to a blue tv screen that said my cable box was updating.  Nothing I could do or the CSR could do would make it go away.  After 4 calls to 4 CSR's trying, I was told my box was too old to update, I needed a new box.  We are now in the week of July 18 without tv service.  The next CSR told me that they would send a new box no charge.  Waiting....next call, the CSR put the wrong shipping code in.  I asked to have a technician install the new box.  No, that'll be $70.  GRRR.  They said, "it's easy, just unplug and plug the cables and cords."  In the meantime, I received a call from someone in my city who offered a tech to come out.  I replied that they said it would be easy, so no need.  Finally after hours on hold, hours on the phone, hours waiting for the return calls, I received the box yesterday Aug 10.  The ports on the box are different, the cords are different and my tv is mounted and impossible to reach its connections.  I requested this morning that a tech come out and was told due to COVID that was not possible, even though a week ago I was offered the same.  

Please, please, I am begging Comcast to get a better phone system, one that has fewer prompts, gets you to a human faster and the ability of the call center CSR to send problems such as mine up the chain.  The way I finally got a bit of satisfaction was to speak to someone knowledgeable as though I wanted to add new service.  And still I have to wait for a call from the tech department.  Never once was I offered a reduction in billing and who knows when this story will end.  Thanks for listening.  I feel better now!  🙂 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: A rant about Comcast customer service

@hollyat2443 wrote:

On July 8 I returned from vacation to a blue tv screen that said my cable box was updating.  Nothing I could do or the CSR could do would make it go away.  After 4 calls to 4 CSR's trying, I was told my box was too old to update, I needed a new box.  We are now in the week of July 18 without tv service.  The next CSR told me that they would send a new box no charge.  Waiting....next call, the CSR put the wrong shipping code in.  I asked to have a technician install the new box.  No, that'll be $70.  GRRR.  They said, "it's easy, just unplug and plug the cables and cords."  In the meantime, I received a call from someone in my city who offered a tech to come out.  I replied that they said it would be easy, so no need.  Finally after hours on hold, hours on the phone, hours waiting for the return calls, I received the box yesterday Aug 10.  The ports on the box are different, the cords are different and my tv is mounted and impossible to reach its connections.  I requested this morning that a tech come out and was told due to COVID that was not possible, even though a week ago I was offered the same.  

Please, please, I am begging Comcast to get a better phone system, one that has fewer prompts, gets you to a human faster and the ability of the call center CSR to send problems such as mine up the chain.  The way I finally got a bit of satisfaction was to speak to someone knowledgeable as though I wanted to add new service.  And still I have to wait for a call from the tech department.  Never once was I offered a reduction in billing and who knows when this story will end.  Thanks for listening.  I feel better now!  🙂 

how is your TV connected to your current set top box? is your TV a flat screen TV? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!