Community Forum

A huge metal box that is outside of my home.

Highlighted
New Poster

A huge metal box that is outside of my home.

I just got off the phone with Dave @ 1-800-934-6489 telling him that I just cut my Right arm on a very sharp point on this huge metal box for the second time.  For 3 months, I have been calling Customer Service.  They finally sent a man out and he said that the cables are dead and that this huge metal box must have been here for 30 years.  He said that this was one of their very old installations and that he would have a construction crew come out and get rid of it.  He never came back and no one has called me back as to when this problem would get resolved.  I am 68 yrs old and this is a hazard, to say the least.  I was just on the phone again with Customer Service and was given a phone number for an independent company called Drop Box .  No one picked up and when they did it then became a busy signal.  WHEN IS SOMEONE FROM COMCAST GOING TO DO THEIR JOB AND GET BACK TO ME. This is elderly abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: A huge metal box that is outside of my home.

@3046judy wrote:

I just got off the phone with Dave @ 1-800-934-6489 telling him that I just cut my Right arm on a very sharp point on this huge metal box for the second time.  For 3 months, I have been calling Customer Service.  They finally sent a man out and he said that the cables are dead and that this huge metal box must have been here for 30 years.  He said that this was one of their very old installations and that he would have a construction crew come out and get rid of it.  He never came back and no one has called me back as to when this problem would get resolved.  I am 68 yrs old and this is a hazard, to say the least.  I was just on the phone again with Customer Service and was given a phone number for an independent company called Drop Box .  No one picked up and when they did it then became a busy signal.  WHEN IS SOMEONE FROM COMCAST GOING TO DO THEIR JOB AND GET BACK TO ME. This is elderly abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is a hazard; no it is not elderly abuse because someone hasn't come out to remove it.  With COVID-19 some construction companies aren't working at full capacity, and this box removal isn't really an essential item, even though you have been cut twice.  Until someone does come out to remove it, I suggest taping over the sharp area to the point you won't get cut again.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: A huge metal box that is outside of my home.

Hi @3046judy. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for using this platform to make us aware of the experience you've had. I'd be happy to help by contacting your local construction crew to see how soon we can get someone out. Please send me a private message with your full name, as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastChe, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!