Community Forum

A day wasted

Frequent Visitor

A day wasted

I scheduled an installation appointment for 7:30AM-10AM on Thursday the 1st.  Around 8AM, I received a call, went out to check, and no one was there. My condo has big bay windows by the front door, and I was sitting by them all day, going out periodically to check.  I called back, and was told the technician was running late, and would arrive by 10:30AM.  Fair enough.  At 10:13AM, I live-chatted the support folks, and was told he would arrive within twenty minutes.  No dice.  I live-chatted again at 10:40AM, and was told 11:30AM. The same story again -- now it was 2:30PM, then moved to 3:30PM.  Finally, at 4PM, I was told that the technician had actually cancelled the appointment and never intended to come.  At that point, I had unexpectedly had to take an entire day off work, and for absolutely nothing.  I was offered a $40 credit against my bill, but that is far, far less than I lost by not being able to work that day, and doesn't even cover the cost of installation (let alone the frustration of having been incorrectly told all day precise arrival times that appear to have simply been invented out of whole cloth, according to the last representative I spoke with).  This has not been a great introduction to Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: A day wasted

Hello, xz526. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I would be more than happy to review your account so I can help improve your experience and make sure your install is completed without any further issues. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Sent, thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you to ComcastTambrey for quickly coming through with a resolution.

Frequent Visitor

Being billed for installation; was promised waived fee

Hello.

I previously posted about my installation experience here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/A-day-wasted/m-p/3159048

In a private message, I was promised that my installation fee would be waived given my experience. I received my first bill and was charged $59.99 for installation.  I would appreciate help in eliminating this fee as promised.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Being billed for installation; was promised waived fee

It has been resolved. Thank you.

Official Employee

xz526, I'm glad I was able to assist you in getting this issue taken care of. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need help again in the future. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!