Community Forum

A comcast rep lied to me about pricing and now my bill is $40/month higher than expected

Highlighted
New Poster

A comcast rep lied to me about pricing and now my bill is $40/month higher than expected

A comcast rep lied to me about pricing and now my bill is $40/mo higher than expected (it is supposed to be $119/mo, but it is actually $163/mo). I have the chat transcripts to prove this. Now, Comcast refuses to honor the price I was originally promised.

Who can I talk to in order to get the price I was promised? Who is the sales manager for zip code 60608? The live chat support representative was not helpful in getting me what I am requesting. As the customer, I feel it is Comcast's responsibility to honor me the pricing they promised, otherwise, that's just bad business.

I can supply the chat transcript.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: A comcast rep lied to me about pricing and now my bill is $40/month higher than expected

It turns out there were 2 hidden "service fees" that comcast did not tell me about. These are "Broadcast fee" and "sports fee". Even tough I asked comcast BEFORE we finalized the order to tell me about any other fees, they could not tell me about these. These 2 fees add up to around $30, which, with tax, turns out to be an additional $10 a or so.. So that explains the $40 / month additional costs that were completely unexpected.

I suggest that Comcast works harder on their transparent pricing, and a fixes their confusing marketing.