Community Forum

A Disappointed Longtime Customer: Some Things Never Change

New Poster

A Disappointed Longtime Customer: Some Things Never Change

I really don't think Comcast cares at all about customer retention. I've lived at my home for over 20 years and I can say that Comcast has been my service provider, for both TV and Internet, for well more than half of that time. Yet here I am, at the end of my two-year contract and every single customer service representative seems to be saying the same thing to me "We treat new customers better than existing ones." All I want to do is keep my existing services. I'm not asking for free stuff, I'm not arguing with representatives, I'm not getting angry at them. Yet somehow I have to spend an additional $40 a month to keep my same services. How does that make sense? If I were a new customer.. I could receive my current bundle for $100 a month + a $100 Prepaid Visa card, that bundle price being what I currently pay. Yet I, a customer for more than a decade, have to pay $118 or $130 or $144 a month for my current services. That's the other problem, I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone at Comcast. Every time I speak to a customer service representative, I get a different answer to the question "What promotions are available to me?". For that $118 offer, I called back the same day and I was told that they would not honor that price, even though I received that offer FROM Customer Retention or whatever they are now called.

Let's go back to my previous 2-year contract in 2016. I spoke to a representative who offered me the following:

Bundle: X1 Starter Double Play

Channels: 140+ 

Internet: Extreme 150

Discount: $15 discount to cover cost of upgrade to Extreme 150

Price: $105 MINUS $15 for upgrade PLUS taxes and fees.

He transfers me to "Sales", and I am immediately hit with the following response "We will not honor this deal!" It took almost two weeks for someone to finally say "Yes, we shouldn't be lying to customers" and they decided to honor the deal. But unbeknownst to me, they would only honor half of the deal and then went on to feed me a bunch of talk about why the $15 discount was not a part of my promo bundle and that's why we would only honor it for 15 months nor give me a credit anymore.

I'm so sick of this. The last representative I spoke to compared Comcast to Netflix. In that everyone starts with a promo but eventually, everyone pays the same price. If it wasn't for my composure, I would have certainly gone off on her. Comcast is NOTHING like Netflix. Netflix charges me the same amount every month, no questions. With Comcast, I don't know what will happen. I have to carefully analyze every single bill to make sure that they are not stealing my money by randomly removing my promotional rate, which has happened on multiple occasions. I think we all appreciate spending half our Saturday on the phone with Comcast trying to figure out why our promo rate no longer applies even though we're still under the 2-year contract.

TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE THAT WILL LIKELY RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE: I'm not some new customer looking for a handout. I'm a long time customer that has spent tens of thousands of dollars for your services. I deserve to be treated as such. My hard earned money and loyalty to your company have a build a large cache of goodwill and I want what I truly deserve. A proper two-year contract that is representative of the loyalty and fees that you have received from me.

Yours Truly,

A Very Disappointed Customer

Admin1

Re: A Disappointed Longtime Customer: Some Things Never Change

Hi Huskies0332 -- I can help with your account rates. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will review what offers we have available to you. I will see if we can get you a similar rate to what you had in 2016, however please understand that our offers to do change so we may not have the same rate you had 2 years ago.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.