Community Forum

A/C adapter for amplifier.

New Poster

A/C adapter for amplifier.

Is there anyplace I can pick up an adapter for my amplifier. I tried my local Xfinity store and they said it wasn’t available there. It’s Model: MW41-1500400 P/N: EVO-PS15400. Called the tech support number and all they would do is set a service appointment.
New Poster

Re: A/C adapter for amplifier.

The part is discontinued.  Not available in the marketplace.  Comcast told me only way to get one is to have service guy come to house.  Free part, but $60+ for a mandatory servic

@Manfriend wrote:
Is there anyplace I can pick up an adapter for my amplifier. I tried my local Xfinity store and they said it wasn’t available there. It’s Model: MW41-1500400 P/N: EVO-PS15400. Called the tech support number and all they would do is set a service appointment.

e charge.  They really hate their customers.

Expert

Re: A/C adapter for amplifier.

Customers own the wiring, not Comcast. That includes amplifiers. Techs have a variety of amplifiers on their vans that vary with whatever stock/brand the warehouse gives them. There is no way for a phone rep to know what amplifiers are available. So if you need the amp repaired/replaced you need a tech --which generates a fee. Customers can always buy their own equipment if they don't want to pay the fee. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!