Community Forum

9th appointment date...

New Poster

9th appointment date...

So it's 5pm and a service tech hasn't showin up yet.  I am assured they will be here.  I wish I could have higher hopes than I do.  Afterall my appointment time I've been given is between 8am-8pm.  

Having a 12 hour window is frustrating enough to deal with but it's just one day.  Heck I wouldn't even be that upset if I received a call on the first appointment that they had to reschedule.  However, I never received a call that they weren't going to be here I had to call back in......

Back to the beginning.  On Friday August 9th I called in as the internet ariel line was down.  The pole for the line is on the opposite side of the road and there it proceeds to run to hook up to our house.  I believe that the garbage man may have caught the line when picking up trash but the line is now laying across the road and in our yard.  We have 3 young boys who are homeschooled that we haven't really let play outside as we don't want them messing and getting tripped over the line. 

My call on the 9th the representative seemed like they were being very helpful and said they verified that a tech would be there on the 10th between 8am-8pm.  I have since called in after every appointment that a tech doesn't show up on and am told another date and I am ASSURED they will be to that appointment.  

Today makes appointment number 9 and in 3 hours we'll know for sure if it really takes 10 different dates over more than 2 weeks to get an appointment to stick.  We've had to make sure my wife or I are at the house for over 100 hours as we want to make sure if there's any reason they'd need to come in since it's the line that ends up running to our house they can get in.  I've spent over 8 hours on the phone and chat with support about this. 

We've been Xfinity customers since September of 2014 (this address since 2018).  I really don't know what to do at this point.  I have never experienced this with a company.  My wife and I are stressed out and our kids are upset.  They've had to miss a field trip to the museum as the day it was all planned for ended up being a day that an appointment was scheduled AND I was out of town for work so she had to be there.  

Does anyone have any advice?

Expert

Re: 9th appointment date...

@Ash_ez wrote:

So it's 5pm and a service tech hasn't showin up yet.  I am assured they will be here.  I wish I could have higher hopes than I do.  Afterall my appointment time I've been given is between 8am-8pm.  

Having a 12 hour window is frustrating enough to deal with but it's just one day.  Heck I wouldn't even be that upset if I received a call on the first appointment that they had to reschedule.  However, I never received a call that they weren't going to be here I had to call back in......

Back to the beginning.  On Friday August 9th I called in as the internet ariel line was down.  The pole for the line is on the opposite side of the road and there it proceeds to run to hook up to our house.  I believe that the garbage man may have caught the line when picking up trash but the line is now laying across the road and in our yard.  We have 3 young boys who are homeschooled that we haven't really let play outside as we don't want them messing and getting tripped over the line. 

My call on the 9th the representative seemed like they were being very helpful and said they verified that a tech would be there on the 10th between 8am-8pm.  I have since called in after every appointment that a tech doesn't show up on and am told another date and I am ASSURED they will be to that appointment.  

Today makes appointment number 9 and in 3 hours we'll know for sure if it really takes 10 different dates over more than 2 weeks to get an appointment to stick.  We've had to make sure my wife or I are at the house for over 100 hours as we want to make sure if there's any reason they'd need to come in since it's the line that ends up running to our house they can get in.  I've spent over 8 hours on the phone and chat with support about this. 

We've been Xfinity customers since September of 2014 (this address since 2018).  I really don't know what to do at this point.  I have never experienced this with a company.  My wife and I are stressed out and our kids are upset.  They've had to miss a field trip to the museum as the day it was all planned for ended up being a day that an appointment was scheduled AND I was out of town for work so she had to be there.  

Does anyone have any advice?

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: 9th appointment date...

Ash_ez, welcome to our community! I would love to have the opportunity to help out with the line and get this resolved as fast as possible. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!