Community Forum

90 year old mother in nursing home since 2013 sent collection notice 11/17 for services 2013

New Poster

90 year old mother in nursing home since 2013 sent collection notice 11/17 for services 2013

2013 moved out of town mother, who is now 90 years old, to nursing facility. At that time I went to local Comcast office and brought her Comcast equipment, corrected the wrong spelling Comcast had for my mom and gave the representative my address for any further claims. I told the rep she would no longer be a client with her move. 11/17 my mother received a letter from a collection agency stating she owes $286 and that they have attempted to contact her without success. Help?... please

Expert

Re: 90 year old mother in nursing home since 2013 sent collection notice 11/17 for services 2013

bvmiedema wrote:

2013 moved out of town mother, who is now 90 years old, to nursing facility. At that time I went to local Comcast office and brought her Comcast equipment, corrected the wrong spelling Comcast had for my mom and gave the representative my address for any further claims. I told the rep she would no longer be a client with her move. 11/17 my mother received a letter from a collection agency stating she owes $286 and that they have attempted to contact her without success. Help?... please

the forum is primarily a customer to customer forum. If you have an elder law attorney or elder legal aid they will probably be able to assist you since the laws vary from state to state. Most debt is unsecured and her credit score is probably moot at this point. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: 90 year old mother in nursing home since 2013 sent collection notice 11/17 for services 2013

Hi bvmiedema, thank you for reaching out here on the Xfinity forums.  I can review this for you, if still needed please send me a private message with the account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you