Community Forum

800-934-6489

Regular Visitor

800-934-6489

Will the 800-934-6489 customer service line ever call me or is that strictly a number that receives calls?  I had this number call me three times in the course of 30 minutes which makes me super suspicious as no message was left.  Thinking someone is spoofing the number...

Regular Visitor

800-934-6489-STOP CALLING ME!!!

I keep getting phone calls from this number, which is allegedly an xFinity or Comcast customer service number.  Whenever I answer, there's no one there and eventually, a robotic voice says "good-bye."  Whenever I don't answer, it hangs up without leaving a message and immediately calls right back.  SO ANNOYING! 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 800-934-6489-STOP CALLING ME!!!

@ldadams520 wrote:

I keep getting phone calls from this number, which is allegedly an xFinity or Comcast customer service number.  Whenever I answer, there's no one there and eventually, a robotic voice says "good-bye."  Whenever I don't answer, it hangs up without leaving a message and immediately calls right back.  SO ANNOYING! 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/is-800-934-6489-a-valid-customer-service-number/m-p/3...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@ldadams520 wrote:

Your first post about this number was this:

Will the 800-934-6489 customer service line ever call me or is that strictly a number that receives calls?  I had this number call me three times in the course of 30 minutes which makes me super suspicious as no message was left.  Thinking someone is spoofing the number... 

So, now that it's called you, you aren't answering the call becaused it's "suspicious" and you think "someone is spoofing the number".  You wanted them to call you back, but you didn't answer when the call came?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I did not request a call back. It’s been months since I needed to speak with customer service so I am not missing any return call. Besides, even when I do answer, NO ONE is on the line.
Expert

@ldadams520 wrote:
I did not request a call back. It’s been months since I needed to speak with customer service so I am not missing any return call. Besides, even when I do answer, NO ONE is on the line.

What I quoted above was posted by you on 8/14.  So, your thread is a bit confusing when you start out saying :"Will the 800-934-6489 customer service line ever call me".....

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

In the first, unanswered thread, I was simply trying to establish if that number was for incoming calls to customer service or if it would legitimately show up as a call from xFinity/Comcast. I still don’t understand why I’m receiving phantom calls from that number, repeatedly. I just want it to stop.