Community Forum

$70 Residential Trouble Call Charge

Regular Visitor

$70 Residential Trouble Call Charge

I recently experienced trouble with my cable TV service and called into tech support. The rep on the phone couldn't resolve the issue. We scheduled an in-home service tech appointment. The tech arrived and was able to resolve the issue, but now I'm now looking at my current bill and have some real concerns about this hidden undisclosed fee. A $70 charge for the Residential Trouble Call. This charge was never disclosed to me nor agreed upon, not online, on the phone, or in person with the tech. I did some digging in the online forums and saw several cases of this charge being reversed. I would like the same as I was never informed of this charge and the network outage was an issue with the Comcast signal.

Thank you for your time.

Expert

Re: $70 Residential Trouble Call Charge

@lpascoe

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Regular Visitor

Thank you @nerdburg Smiley Happy

Official Employee

lpascoe, if the service issue was on our end, then this was a billing error which I will correct. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

Done. Many thanks.

Official Employee

Done. Many thanks.

got it.