Community Forum

7 months, 8 no-shows....how do I get a cable buried?

Highlighted
New Poster

7 months, 8 no-shows....how do I get a cable buried?

7 months. 7 months we've been dealing with lack of ANY type of response by Comcast/Xfinity in burying our cable. 8 (as of this evening) no-shows from their "techs". Wife has now been hung up on 3 days in a row b/c she refuses to "wait for a supervisor callback" (that NEVER comes). I spent 2 hours today on hold/listening to "supervisors" promise me they were handling this.....and again, no callback, no-show on techs (even expedited (one supervisor told me today he was talking with the tech who was driving to our house as we spoke....he then hung up on my when I asked for the local # of the tech because at 10pm EST I REALLY doubted that Xfinity's SEAL Team 1 was anyone in the area.)).

Backstory--next door construction cut our buried line last August. Xfinity was pretty quick (2-3 days) to come out & drop the line on the ground. But now it is literally 7 months later & they can't get this cable buried.  EIGHT no-shows (at least).  Supervisors are useless.  Local store useless.

Any advice? Wife is about to goto Uverse, or just wifi pucks as her hatred for Comcast is basically scorched-earth right now. How can one company be so absolutely terrible at basic customer service?  Never had comcast before moving to the midwest but I now understand the absolute hatreed for their incompetence.

So Xfinity, before you take this down AGAIN from your forum....why not try FIXING THE PROBLEM??? [edited for forums violation]
Regular Contributor

Re: 7 months, 8 no-shows....how do I get a cable buried?

https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Use the form and you will be assigned a person with phone number who will work with and can be contacted if need be. 

Might want to delete addy.

Good luck.

@mopda1 wrote:
7 months. 7 months we've been dealing with lack of ANY type of response by Comcast/Xfinity in burying our cable. 8 (as of this evening) no-shows from their "techs". Wife has now been hung up on 3 days in a row b/c she refuses to "wait for a supervisor callback" (that NEVER comes). I spent 2 hours today on hold/listening to "supervisors" promise me they were handling this.....and again, no callback, no-show on techs (even expedited (one supervisor told me today he was talking with the tech who was driving to our house as we spoke....he then hung up on my when I asked for the local # of the tech because at 10pm EST I REALLY doubted that Xfinity's SEAL Team 1 was anyone in the area.)).
Backstory--next door construction cut our buried line last August. Xfinity was pretty quick (2-3 days) to come out & drop the line on the ground. But now it is literally 7 months later & they can't get this cable buried.  EIGHT no-shows (at least).  Supervisors are useless.  Local store useless.

Any advice? Wife is about to goto Uverse, or just wifi pucks as her hatred for Comcast is basically scorched-earth right now. How can one company be so absolutely terrible at basic customer service?  Never had comcast before moving to the midwest but I now understand the absolute hatreed for their incompetence.

So Xfinity, before you take this down AGAIN from your forum....why not try FIXING THE PROBLEM??? [forums violation]

Official Employee

mopda1, Appreciate you taking the time to post your experience. I'd like to check on the delays to your cable bury. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

You might contact your city deparment that granted the cable license. It should be on a recent bill. Since they have more pull in getting it fixed.