Community Forum

6 missed apointments - horrible customer service - new customer

Regular Visitor

6 missed apointments - horrible customer service - new customer

We have been trying to get Comcast and it's contractors to come out and install the lines for our new home for over a month and a half now (May 25th) with no luck. We have a newly constructed home, so need a line dropped prior to installation but are part of a community who all have comcast so a tap is available. They, Comcast's contractors, have missed a total of 6 appointments (not joking), and never get a call you back from Comcast to notify you that they are not going to show up or to reschedule. Then when I called to see what happened and spoke to supervisor she told us she was 110% sure the contractors would come to install the lines on the new date on which we rescheduled. I then called again when they did not show again, and she claimed all she could do was reschedule the appointment. On the 6th time they were scheduled to come out, which was yesterday, I spoke to comcast 4 times all throughout the day to make sure they emailed the contractors to guarantee they would come. This time I asked to speak directly to the supervisor's supervisor, who told me that she spoke to them, and they are coming out and not to worry. The appointment was from 8 AM to 8 PM, and as one can guess, they never came and never called. The best part is when we called after 8 PM they told my wife that we never had an appointment for yesterday! We then asked to be put to a supervisor and were told they would call back. They didn't. We have no idea what to do to get Comcast and it's contractors to construct our lines for the internet. The "call Comcast and schedule an appointment if you want service if your a new customer", doesn't work. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this experience normal for new customers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: 6 missed apointments - horrible customer service - new customer

This job is through the construction department, which is extremely hard to get in touch with. These appointments really aren't like normal appointments, they are special requests, which require special types of employees to do the job. They are typically overbooked, the few there are. You don't have to be home for the job. I do understand the frustration here, I am just trying to explain it a little better for you. Hopefully a corp employee here will pick this up and get in contact with them.
Official Employee

Re: 6 missed apointments - horrible customer service - new customer

Hello mo188, I am happy to assist you with getting a tech crew out to bring services to your home. First I will need to verify some more information, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". Also if you have any ticket numbers from the previous orders please provide them with your account information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!