Community Forum

6 days without a DVR and counting

Contributor

6 days without a DVR and counting

So last Saturday morning, 06/09/18, we had two short power outages at our house and our DVR stopped working. I followed troubleshooting steps found on the xfinity support website such as unplugging it for 5 minutes and xfinity sending a signal to the DVR but nothing worked. It kept giving an error code of E 1:26 with an otherwise blank time indicator.

Being the weekend I didn’t call to have a tech come out so I waited until Monday to go online and setup an appointment. 

The soonest anyone could come out would be Wednesday, 06/13/18. Tech came out and confirmed the 10 year old DVR was fried due to the power outage and replaced it. 

Later I noticed he replaced our DVR with a HD set top box. We tried to somehow get a hold of the tech by calling the local Comcast store but that didn’t work. Thursday I went online to support and was told they could send us a new DVR but would take a few days. By this time my wife, the main DVR watcher was livid.

I got online again on Thursday to contact their support through chat and this guys quoting how much extra it’s going to cost per month for a dvr. I told him we just wanted our damaged one replaced and then he tells me it will cost $39.99 for a service technician to come out. I told him we pay extra per month for service calls and repairs. He said sorry!

This morning I look online at our devices and see we don’t have a dvr listed. Our bedroom had box is now set as the living room box and we are still without a dvr to replace the one that got fried 6 days ago and come to think of it the tech that came on Wednesday didn’t have me sign anything when he took our damaged dvr.

The whole thing has been a nightmare. But hey, I just paid my monthly $200.00 cable bill so I’m sure someone’s happy.

Expert

Re: Terrible Xfinity Experience

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Replace a DVR with an HD Box??

Is it normal practice when your DVR goes bad that the technician replaces it with a Standalone HD box and not another DVR?

That is what happended and I am not sure if the tech made a mistake or what because now we have no DVR listed in our devices and all this brings on other problems like a change in our monthly billing because now we are going to be charged an extra $9.99 for a DVR even though we had one all along.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Replace a DVR with an HD Box??

Hello timberline, I am more than happy to assist you with getting your old cable box model back. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello timberline, I am more than happy to address your concerns. I replied to your initial post, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

The answer that solved my problem was that word go to the technician that the wrong cable box was installed. An appointment was made for reinstallation of a DVR box, the correct box and the technician came a day early of the appointment and installed it which I thought was good customer service on his part.