Community Forum

$6.20 Regional sports fee increase unreasonable

Highlighted
New Poster

$6.20 Regional sports fee increase unreasonable

I think it is unreasonable to increase the regional sports fee - I do not want regional sports and did not ask that Comcast broadcast Marquee network. Subscribers should be able to opt into this. Fees like this will ultimately make me choose another provider or cut the cord.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: $6.20 Regional sports fee increase unreasonable

@rogersm wrote:

I think it is unreasonable to increase the regional sports fee - I do not want regional sports and did not ask that Comcast broadcast Marquee network. Subscribers should be able to opt into this. Fees like this will ultimately make me choose another provider or cut the cord.

While this increase may be related to Marquee Sports, you also have regional sports in your cable package, whether you watch sports or not, so any increase could also be related to that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Since the following statement appears on my September 2020 bill, it's pretty obvious that the increase is related specifically to the addition of Marquee Sports Network:

"As Marquee Sports Network joins our channel lineup, the Regional Sports Network fee will increase by $6.20 on October 1, 2020."

I agree that we, sports fans or not, should have the option of declining that additional channel (and the additional fee that goes with it), especially since the regular baseball season will be over by Oct. 1, and there will be no Chicago Cubs game airing until next spring.

Highlighted
Expert

It's one of the reasons I cut the cord long ago. I don't want to pay for sports I don't watch. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!