Community Forum

$500 ETF surprise after moving to area not serviced by xfinity

New Poster

$500 ETF surprise after moving to area not serviced by xfinity

1. November 2016: Told no contract and no commitment over phone with xfinity agent. Concern that we were renting with one-year lease.  Husband home when xfinity installed. I signed no contract.
  2. November 2017: Told on phone with xfinity agent to pay last bill and return equipment and no further charges.
  3. January 21, 2018: Billed for $513.40 worth of early termination penalties.

Attempt to resolve:

Phone call with Lasandra from Home Security Department on 1/29/2018 at 6:13pm. Was informed that I had to keep at least one xfinity service for 24 months or be penalized even if I moved and xfinity couldn’t provide service. 

Early penalty fees should be dropped:

1. I was never informed of early termination fees.
  2. I never signed anything.
  3. I was not given the choice to transfer a service to a friend or family member which may have been cheaper and better use of my money than early termination fees.
  4. I am willing to take this to court.
  5. I will post this on every social media website to make sure that no other customers are taken advantage of.
  6. There is no explanation of the ETF, but I am certain that paying for one service for the remainder of my "contract" would be cheaper.  I was never informed or given a choice.  
Official Employee

Re: $500 ETF surprise after moving to area not serviced by xfinity

Hello, if the ETF is for Home Security, there would be a contract. I would reach out to this department "855-484-1472" and see if they can send you a copy of your contract.