Community Forum

50 dollar charge

Regular Visitor

50 dollar charge

I was charged $50.00 and I'm trying to figure out why?

I set up my account and picked out the services I wanted two days ago. I opted for the FREE self-installation box and I picked use your own router.

I don't move into my apartment until a week from now.

So this random charge of $50.00 is completely out of nowhere because I did not see anywhere where it said you guys would charge me this.

Expert

Re: 50 dollar charge

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi AirDavis, I am more than happy to look into this for you and explain the charges to you. First I will need to verify some information so that I can access your account, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

New Poster

This exact thing happened to me. When I called customer support all I was given was a vague "it's a deposit." Can someone PLEASE explain this before I cancel my service before it begins.
Screenshot_20180518-114831.png
Screenshot_20180518-114844.png
Screenshot_20180518-114733~2.png
Official Employee

Hi Mattkenn, 

I can review your account and help provide an explanation for the charge. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.