Community Forum

$5 iPad a scam?

Regular Visitor

$5 iPad a scam?

Has any existing customers who resigned with xfinity been able to get this offer? I have been trying since February to get this offer. I have called 10 times. I have numerous tickets. Everyone in mobile is nice - but can't help. They all say I should get it and don't know why I can't. Then I get a new ticket number and told they will call me - which does not happen.  No he can help. Any options left? Really over it right now. 

 

Expert

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

Hi @Clarkbar1672

The iPad promotion has not been handled too well. I think they got a much stronger response then they expected and were unprepared to handle it. There has been a stream of complaints about it (including me). The good news is that it's a real deal and they do eventually get it right. 

 

 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 




I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

 

Hello Clarkbar1672, have you tried signing up for this deal online? I ask because this is the only way that you can get signed up for the IPad promotion. If you have already tried signing in online, and still need assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Regular Visitor

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

Hi-

Sorry but how do i send a private message? I have been trying since February (6 months ago) to sign up on line. It always says there is an issue and to contact Comcast directly. I then call Comcast and talk to an employee for over an hour. I have done this numerous times. I have 6 seperate ticket numbers - because each time I call - they say the person before them did not do it correct and give me a new number. I then ask for all of this to be put on my account - which does not happen. The people are always really nice - but always tell me - that they can't help me and that all they can do it just file a ticket.  If you need all the ticket numbers - please let me know. This is why I am wondering if this really is an offer? 

Official Employee

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

 

Clarkbar1672 wrote: Hi-

Sorry but how do i send a private message? I have been trying since February (6 months ago) to sign up on line. It always says there is an issue and to contact Comcast directly. I then call Comcast and talk to an employee for over an hour. I have done this numerous times. I have 6 seperate ticket numbers - because each time I call - they say the person before them did not do it correct and give me a new number. I then ask for all of this to be put on my account - which does not happen. The people are always really nice - but always tell me - that they can't help me and that all they can do it just file a ticket.  If you need all the ticket numbers - please let me know. This is why I am wondering if this really is an offer? 

 

I sent you a private message, please reach back out to me there with your account information. 

Regular Visitor

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

Okay. Just sent - i think.

Thank you for the help.

Official Employee

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

 

Clarkbar1672 wrote: Okay. Just sent - i think.

Thank you for the help.

 

I replied to your private message, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

New Poster

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

Let’s see
I have home security/WiFi/cable/2 mobile lines and I’m considered garbage so I don’t qualify for the iPad unless I upgrade to more channels and pay 29.99 more for 2 years do the math
It’s not unexpected it’s still the cable company of old
Official Employee

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

 

Ullha wrote: Let’s see 
I have home security/WiFi/cable/2 mobile lines and I’m considered garbage so I don’t qualify for the iPad unless I upgrade to more channels and pay 29.99 more for 2 years do the math 
It’s not unexpected it’s still the cable company of old

 

I understand that you want to take advantage of the IPad deal, but you must meet all requirements in order to be eligible. Having a qualifying TV package is included in the qualification details for the promotion. If you would like to explore some more options to upgrade your current TV tier, please send me a private message with your full name and account number. 

New Poster

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

Complete scam I have called them at least 10 times I have had tickets filed and nothing. No one calls me back and when I do get a person all they say I'd high demand 30 days. This is poor on Comcast for sending out a promo that they never had any attention of fufilling.
New Poster

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

I too have been trying to get it. Countless transfers. Even have an order number, and nothing
Official Employee

Re: $5 iPad a scam?

 

@bmostacci15 wrote: Complete scam I have called them at least 10 times I have had tickets filed and nothing. No one calls me back and when I do get a person all they say I'd high demand 30 days. This is poor on Comcast for sending out a promo that they never had any attention of fufilling.

 

 

This is not a scam, I can look into this for you and provide an update on your order status. Please send me a PM with your full name and account number. @Tiffanyrose, I can help you as well, feel free to send me a private message with your account information.