Community Forum

4k box in NJ

Regular Visitor

4k box in NJ

I am a long time Dish customer (15+ years) and one of the perks of Dish is their 4k programming and set top box.
While their 4k program availability is small, i do enjoy it.

I recently called Comcast to inquire about switching and asked specifically about 4k Service. I was told that the only 4k programming was through Netflix streaming.
With a little hesitance, I agreed to make the switch.

Had the service installed yesterday, guess what....I fell for the old bait and switch. Comcast living up to their reputation. 4k box is not available in my area.
“Sure it’s available, sign here”

Before I cancel and have them come and remove their equipment, can anyone confirm that this is in fact true?
I’ve gotten 4 different answers from 3 different people.
Is the 4k box available or not in the “Comcast Northwest” NJ area?
Expert

Re: 4k box in NJ

A Comcast person will most likely reply to your post to get information to ship a self install kit for the 4K DVR box.

Be aware though that the only 4K currently available using the box is Netflix. That means signing up for Netflix for 4K service. The other alternative is the "Ultra HD Sampler" app which hasn't had any thing new added for about 4 months (although they promised more on a post I made).

Things regarding 4K are moving at a snails pace here, the same as Direct tv , and Dish.

Regular Visitor

Thanks. I hope Comcast responds.
I already have the Netflix 4k subscription as a used itnwith Dish Network.

I hope they can make good on it. Very frustrating.

Thanks for your response.
Regular Visitor

No one?
Official Employee
Official Employee

Hello @ZimZam. We apologize for the delay in getting to you. I can help get your XG1v4 4K DVR ordered. I've received your private message with your personal information, and I have responded today. Let's take it from there. 

Regular Visitor

Having similar problems in N.J. was told that 4K is available as a free upgrade and go to my local Xfinity office in Port Murray, NJ. Take off an afternoon (they are only open until1) to be told sorry we don’t have any in stock now. Quite a waste of three hours of vacation time. Can someone help please. Thanks
Regular Visitor