Community Forum

32 GB iPad Offer

New Poster

32 GB iPad Offer

I upgraded my account from internet only to cable & internet on October 19th.  Previous to my upgrade I had Xfinity internet & DirecTV.  I upgraded for the following reasons. 

1.  To get the free 32GB iPad.

2.  DirecTV's pricing was too high after having the service for over 4 years.

When I called to cancel DirecTV they offered me a better rate that would be comparable to Xfinity's internet & tv package.  I went through with the upgrade though JUST FOR THE IPAD.  I tried to get this deal over the phone, but the Xfinity employee I talked to on the phone told me that I HAD to do it at an Xfinity store.  FINE...  I drove 30 minutes to the closest Xfinity store.  The people at the store seemed to not know how to sign me up for this promo, all while assurimg me it was fine and they would call me in a few days to verify that I got the iPad promotion.  I recieved no call for over a week, so I e-mailed the rep that I delt with at the store.  She said she was still waiting for a reply.  FINALLY on October 30th I got a call from Xfinity telling me that they fixed it, but they offered little to no information other than, "IT' S FIXED."  I have zero information about my iPad that I may or may not be recieving someday.  No tracking information.  No estimated arival date.  NOTHING.  Best I have is a ticket # from the last phone call I recieved on October 30th pertaining to the issue.

TICKET #185934

It has been 49 days.  I do not have an iPad.  I Don't know if I will ever get an iPad, and I am about ready to switch back to DirecTV because of all of this.

Official Employee

Re: 32 GB iPad Offer

Hello, rcurto. Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you have not been given an update on the status of the iPad. I would like to see what I can find out for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: 32 GB iPad Offer

Hello, rcurto. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!