Community Forum

30-day cancellation

Regular Visitor

30-day cancellation

I have had nothing but issues in my short time with Xfinity. I tried to get the Black Friday deal that included a $100 gift card online on 11/26/18 and it took my information twice, including my credit card, but never gave a confirmation. I called customer service and they said it didn’t go through, so they were able to give me the same deal over the phone. I chose self-install and picked up my equipment a couple days later at an Xfinity store. I was going to use my own slightly used compatible Netgear modem router. The worker at the store told me I should’ve come into the store instead of calling to get service because they could give me a $100 gift card. I said I thought I was still getting it since I tried to order service online and it failed and I had to call to order. He said no they don’t offer gift cards over the phone. I called customer service and they reassured me I would be getting a gift card after 3 months. I tried to install my Internet and realized I wasn’t supplied with instructions, appropriate cables or a cable splitter. I had to return to the store to pick up a bag of cables. Luckily I opened the bag as soon as I got in the car because the splitter I specifically asked for was not in the bag. I had to go back inside again. I once again tried to hook up my internet and TV and nothing worked. After a long phone call with tech support, they decided they would have to send out a technician. My husband and I both worked the next day, we’re out of town for the weekend, then he had surgery on Monday and we told to be prepared to stay up to 2 nights in the hospital, so I scheduled the tech install date for 12/12/18. The tech was there for a couple hours and had to do some modifications outside the house then the TV worked in both rooms, but he was still having issues with my modem router. He said I would probably have to buy a new one and gave me a loaner for 30 days. I was able to reset my modem router myself a few days later and it worked. I returned the loaner router to the xfinity store. I was also under the impression that I was getting tv DVR in the deal, but xfinity advertises cloud DVR to confuse buyers. I had to return my cable box to the store for a DVR box and a monthly charge of $10 would be added to my bill. The new DVR box is so LOUD. Even when the TV is off there is a constant fan like noise running. It has also frozen twice and I had to perform a system refresh in the app. The internet keeps going in and out as well. Our brand new iPad won’t connect to it. It said a device code was needed. We sent a code to my phone and entered it, but it still said we would have to call xfinity to add a new device. Anyone should be able to come into our house with a device and enter the internet password and be able to connect to our internet. After all of these issues in such a short amount of time, we decided to cancel our service using the free 30-day cancellation. I initially requested service on 11/26/18, but because of all the issues and a tech had to come make outdoor modifications and install my equipment, my service was not active until 12/12/18. I called customer service today on 1/5/19 and explained all this. They said since I initially chose self install the 30days started on 11/26/18. Keep in mind I couldn’t watch tv or use my internet until 12/12/18. The two year agreement I signed says “the 30-day cancellation period begins on the date of installation if Comcast installs or activates your service” therefore the free cancellation should be honored since it was not installed until 12/12/18. Please contact me to make this right.
Expert

Re: 30-day cancellation

Hi @Abates1

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues.

I've asked an employee to assist you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Do you know how long it usually takes to receive a response?
Expert

@Abates1 wrote:
Do you know how long it usually takes to receive a response?

They had some light staffing over the weekend. They should be catching up soon on escalations. Hang in there!

Smiley Happy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @Abates1

Welcome to the Community Forum. Sorry for the issues you've had while trying to get your services activated. I'd like to review your account to see how I can help make this right. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @Abates1

I was able to confirm my peers in the Executive billing department were able to assist me in getting this resolved. If you need anything else, feel free to send me a private message. Take care! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.