Community Forum

3 Credit Checks for Same Account in Same Month

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

3 Credit Checks for Same Account in Same Month

Hello

I signed up for an Xfinity mobile Account on Jan 10th. I was told there would be a credit check which was totally okay with me. After the credit check, I was approved for 5 lines out of which I decided to activate 2 immediately and the balance 3 in 10 days. Today I called to add the other 3 lines and was told another credit check would be required but it would not be a hard hit as the last check was in the last 30 days.

This was TOTALLY FALSE INFORMATION as today my credit was hit with a hard inquiry two more times making it a total of 3 hard inquiries for the same account. I did not authorize the second 2 hard inquiries and I am requesting for a Comcast employee to please get in touch with me so I can get this issue fixed by either removing those inquiries or having them masked. I don’t see how there’s a need for 3 hard credit inquiries for the same account in the same month!
Expert

Re: 3 Credit Checks for Same Account in Same Month

Hi @at4689

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues.

I've asked an employee to assist you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: 3 Credit Checks for Same Account in Same Month

Hi, at4689! Thank you so much for reaching out to us! I can submit a request to mask those credit inquires. Please send me a private message and provide the following information:

- Your full name, account holder's name exactly as it's listed on the bill
- The exact date of the inquiry on the credit report
- The name and address that listed on the credit report
- The screenshot of the report if possible. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!