Community Forum

2nd account in same house?

Highlighted
New Poster

2nd account in same house?

I have an apt within a house; my landlady lives upstairs and has Xfinity. I would like a remote job but most require a wired internet connection. Could I have a separate account and my own internet service? Or would I have to have a 2nd line on my landlady's account? If both options are possible, what would be the cost of each? I have tried getting on the phone and messaging Xfinity customer service but have had no luck.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: 2nd account in same house?

@Cathyconrad2025 wrote:
I have an apt within a house; my landlady lives upstairs and has Xfinity. I would like a remote job but most require a wired internet connection. Could I have a separate account and my own internet service? Or would I have to have a 2nd line on my landlady's account? If both options are possible, what would be the cost of each? I have tried getting on the phone and messaging Xfinity customer service but have had no luck.

If you have a unique physical address, then you should be able to have your own account.  I live in a house with three units/apts.  My landlord lives on the first floor, I live on the second floor and there's another apt on the third floor.    I have my own Comcast account,  transferred from another state to this location/address (house number, street, apt number) which had Comcast service previously.  Did your apt have Comcast service at any time and is there a coaxial outlet anywhere?  You should be able to check on the Comcast website to see if your address has service available.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)