Community Forum

25 days and counting with no service, need new drop

Regular Visitor

25 days and counting with no service, need new drop

My family has been without service since July 16th, 2019; 25 days and counting.  Three techs have come out and could not tone the line; there is no eveidence of the ground being disturbed from pole to house.  Subsquently the first and third tech submitted requests for a new drop and “emergency road bore” as our house has an enclosed perimeter.  Apparently a sub contractor visitied the house in the first 14 day window but never pulled a permit or called our local utility locate company (no flags in yard).  After daily calls to Comcast customer service we found that the ticket was closed (not sure why or how given service was not restored).  We opened a new ticket with the SRO team for a new drop with road bore which is scheduled for Monday, August 12th; (I’m posting this on the Friday evening prior)  yet no permit has been pulled (our local permit office has been great during this time) and no utility marks are present.  This gives me little hope that service will actually be restored on Monday. 

I’m asking for help as I’m truly at a loss here. Nearly a month with no internet or TV service is unacceptable.  I would not tolerate this from any service company but given Comcast has a total monopoly in my area I have no choice but to endure.  I’m really not sure what else I can do; I have attempted calling, chatting, and now the forum.  

Hopefully the forum has ideas on how I may escalate the matter properly or how I can contact local dispatch / service to get answers.  Thanks in advance. 

(P.S.  Comcast is also so incredibly unaware that they actually increased my bill $50 month over month during this prolonged service outage)

(P.P.S each tech that has visited has been extremely pleasant and apologetic.  They are also completely appalled at the situation)

Regular Visitor

Re: 25 days and counting with no service, need new drop

New drop was scheduled for today. Nothing occurred, no communication from Comcast. This situation is untenable. Any suggestions on how to handle?

Regular Visitor

Now 31 days without service. Customer service has zero clue so they just scheduled another tech visit. This will be the 4th tech visit. I’m seriously considering hiring my own company to run a new drop since Comcast is unwilling to resolve. 

Official Employee

Hello @Stickrod, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I offer my deepest apologies, not only for the delay in response but also for your services being down for so long. It's upsetting to hear about the troubles you have experienced around this and I would love to make this right. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this and your billing concerns. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!