Community Forum

$23.99 to unplug one cable box and plug in another box? Ridiculous

Highlighted
New Poster

$23.99 to unplug one cable box and plug in another box? Ridiculous

I've had upgraded HD service and the DVR boxes within the last 3 years but swapped to standard SD just over two years ago. I want to change my plan to save money but I HAVE to have a tech come out. One, its incredibly inconvenient to work around that scheduling. Two, I have a dog, again, inconvenient to tie him up. Three, why am I paying Comcast $24 to unplug a freaking cable box? Customer Service said it's because the install is TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME TO HANDLE!!!! GOOD GRIEF! You've got to be kidding me. I know good and well you dont have to rerun cables because you were out a little over a year ago to fix my internet and my cables are fine. 

I cant deal with Comcast but this is the only option we have its like being strong armed every day if you want or need internet. 

Official Employee

Re: $23.99 to unplug one cable box and plug in another box? Ridiculous

Greetings, Msyolodolo! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issue you are running into with trying to get the new cable box hooked up. You might want to have a look into the following video to see if it helps understand how to hook up the cable box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaZq7LQe8PE. If you need further assistance, please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can look further into this for you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: $23.99 to unplug one cable box and plug in another box? Ridiculous

Hello, Msyolodolo. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!