Community Forum

$200 visa gift card promised and never received

Regular Visitor

$200 visa gift card promised and never received

We have been trying for SEVERAL months now to get the visa gift card we were promised when switching from Direct TV to Comcast. We had to break our contract with Direct TV and would never had done so if we had not been promised the $200 Visa card by the sales representative. We have called several times, left messages, waited on hold over an hour and been given the run around. We finally were told our Visa card would be mailed however when we received it, it was only for $50 not the $200 as promised so we are still owed $150. We have text messages from the sales representative proving this. I am hoping this was not a scam as I have read on here. Of course our sales rep is no longer working for Comcast.
New Poster

Re: $200 visa gift card promised and never received

Same problem here! We called today to get an idea of when we were going to get it, since it has been 4 months. Just to be told by Vanessa that we are just trying to get free stuff. They even told us that they listened to the convo we had on the day we ordered, but magically part of our phone call must be missing. Pretty convenient. Really shady and just a giant scam. Really a bummer
Valued Contributor

It isn't a scam, I have received multiple VISA cards from my accounts over the years, no problem. The issue stems from a few things I have noticed on here. They have to make sure the code for the card is in your plan upon setup, and YOU have to make sure that you pay your bill on time for the first 3 months/90 days. You must also keep the plan with the attached card code until your card is approved and sent. If you moved service, changed your plan, paid late, or any number of things before the reward was approved, it would likely make you ineligible for the reward. Also, therewards page lists your reward the entire time up until is approved, sent, received, and displays the info about the reward itself. The rewards come from a 3rd party I believe, so there is also the possibility of a communication error.

Just trying to clear up, that the cards are indeed valid, and people do receive them. They are not a scam.
Expert

@AndrewR05 wrote:
Same problem here! We called today to get an idea of when we were going to get it, since it has been 4 months. Just to be told by Vanessa that we are just trying to get free stuff. They even told us that they listened to the convo we had on the day we ordered, but magically part of our phone call must be missing. Pretty convenient. Really shady and just a giant scam. Really a bummer
In order to qualify for a Visa Rewards Card the following conditions must be met:

• You must be a new customer
  • You must sign up for a qualifying bundle with no modifications
  • You must make full payment on time for 90 days (no late pays)

Please note that this card comes with an expiration date

You can check on the status of your card here after the above conditions are met.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

AndrewR05 wrote: Same problem here! We called today to get an idea of when we were going to get it, since it has been 4 months. Just to be told by Vanessa that we are just trying to get free stuff. They even told us that they listened to the convo we had on the day we ordered, but magically part of our phone call must be missing. Pretty convenient. Really shady and just a giant scam. Really a bummer

I replied to your original post, please reach back out to me there and we can look into your eligibility for the gift card. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Close old thread