Community Forum

2 active residential accounts at same address - phone support giving conflicting info

Contributor

2 active residential accounts at same address - phone support giving conflicting info

This is a continuation of an older topic I posted that I thought was resolved.  My service went out last month, I called in about the issue and found out I had been hard disconnected.  I eventually found out that someone else here had opened an account two weeks prior and that it had caused the disconnect.  I got service restored, but when I found out about the other account here, it was still active.  I talked to someone to confirm if two accounts at the same address were possible because I didn't want my service being interrupted again, and I've always been told only one active residential account is possible.  The agent I spoke to explained that it was true that only one account could be open, and that the other account would need to be closed and he would contact them and explain it.  That appeared to have happened, the other party was rather upset and I noticed the service no longer working, and I considered the last post closed.

However I noticed whatever internet they were now using went out the exact same time yesterday morning due to maintenance that mine did.  I called to confirm today and was told that once again, the other account is active, but the billing rep explained that it should be alright and that there were safeguards to keep my account from being interrupted again, which conflicts with what I was told the first time.

I'd like to get confirmation either way, because I'd really rather not have my account go out again down the line. If its possible that an employee can look into this for me, I would appreciate it.  I'm dealing with an extremely manipulative person that will do or say anything to get their way and may have lied to whatever salesrep they talked to. I refuse to have all of this be at the expense of my account.

Expert

Re: 2 active residential accounts at same address - phone support giving conflicting info

@MadCabbit wrote:

This is a continuation of an older topic I posted that I thought was resolved.  My service went out last month, I called in about the issue and found out I had been hard disconnected.  I eventually found out that someone else here had opened an account two weeks prior and that it had caused the disconnect.  I got service restored, but when I found out about the other account here, it was still active.  I talked to someone to confirm if two accounts at the same address were possible because I didn't want my service being interrupted again, and I've always been told only one active residential account is possible.  The agent I spoke to explained that it was true that only one account could be open, and that the other account would need to be closed and he would contact them and explain it.  That appeared to have happened, the other party was rather upset and I noticed the service no longer working, and I considered the last post closed.

However I noticed whatever internet they were now using went out the exact same time yesterday morning due to maintenance that mine did.  I called to confirm today and was told that once again, the other account is active, but the billing rep explained that it should be alright and that there were safeguards to keep my account from being interrupted again, which conflicts with what I was told the first time.

I'd like to get confirmation either way, because I'd really rather not have my account go out again down the line. If its possible that an employee can look into this for me, I would appreciate it.  I'm dealing with an extremely manipulative person that will do or say anything to get their way and may have lied to whatever salesrep they talked to. I refuse to have all of this be at the expense of my account.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 active residential accounts at same address - phone support giving conflicting info

As I told you on the previous post, you need to take in the proof of residence with your name and ID/license. This will get the other account properly disconnected, and yours made active. Two accounts running on the same line/home can cause issues, that is why they are often disconnected instead. Take your info to your closest service center to have it resolved.
Expert

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
As I told you on the previous post, you need to take in the proof of residence with your name and ID/license. This will get the other account properly disconnected, and yours made active. Two accounts running on the same line/home can cause issues, that is why they are often disconnected instead. Take your info to your closest service center to have it resolved.

What prevents the other tenant from doing the same thing?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

@JLDOOBLY wrote:

What you stated in the previous post: "The only way your account should have been disconnected, was if that person who setup the account showed proof of residence with their name on it. "  This did not happen.  The nearest service center is too far away.  This person does not drive and had his daughter put it in her name, who doesn't have the time to be running out to do that.   He did a self install and had equipment sent to him.  It was either an overeager phone sales agent, or he manipulated them in some way to convince them to establish a new account, I was late on a payment at the time, so I wouldn't put it beneath him to have lied and said I had moved.

Regardless, I've already had the other account closed after I reopened mine and found out the other account was still active.  I'm posting again because I found out that he was able to reopen the account and once again, there are two accounts open.

If he did it once, what's to say he won't do it again even if I manage to get someone to handle it, even at a service center?

Valued Contributor

That is part of what I said, in the same post I stated:

If you BOTH are on the paperwork, then you both need to sit down together and decide whose name it should be in, and have that ONE account setup and activated. I am not an employee, as you probably already know.

Since you are unable to do this, taking your info to service center gets his account officially disconnected, and they can properly notate the accounts with the given situation, with your proof, so it doesn't happen again. Agents are not supposed to set a disconnect for your service and finalize it without speaking with you, regardless of how manipulative he is ( I understand this happened, but taking the proof in will assist with making sure only you have an active account here while you are on lease. There are paramaters they can set to make sure service is setup at an address, ONLY with proof of a lease.
This is why I have suggested this to you. Also, I still haven't seen your answer if it is just you on the lease, just him, both, or neither.

Remember, I am trying to help you..

Edit: You said:
Regardless, I've already had the other account closed after I reopened mine and found out the other account was still active. I'm posting again because I found out that he was able to reopen the account and once again, there are two accounts open.

They may have told you they closed it or would close his account, but that is not the proper procedure for doing so. It is MORE likely, the account wasn't disconnected in the first place, because a phone call should NOT (according to policy and also agents can and should get in trouble for doing so) disconnect the service by phone.

So they told you they would over the phone they would disconnect someone else's service, without proof, which is against SOP, but then his service is still active. It really sounds like it was never disconnected, and it shouldn't have been, without proof.
Official Employee

Hi MadCabbit, I can review this further for you. Could you please send me a private message with your full name and phone number?

Thank you