Community Forum

1TB usage plan with apartment bulk agreement?

New Poster

1TB usage plan with apartment bulk agreement?

I have a question regarding the 1TB data usage plan and bulk agreements. My Xfinity account is currently subject to the 1TB data usage plan.

As far as I can tell my internet and tv bundle is a bulk agreement included at my apartment complex. I say this because when I go to "Manage Plan" I get the following message "Good news! Xfinity service is included at your address. We've partnered with your community to bring Xfinity service to [my address]."

According to the below page "The Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan does not apply to Xfinity Internet customers on our Gigabit Pro tier of service. The plan also does not apply to Business Internet customers, customers on Bulk Internet agreements, and customers with Prepaid Internet."

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-find-area

Per the above it would seem that my account should be exempt from the 1TB data usage plan. Yet my account still has it.

If anyone could help me figure out the seeming discrepancy I would really appreciate it!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: 1TB usage plan with apartment bulk agreement?

@mrmackshack wrote:

I have a question regarding the 1TB data usage plan and bulk agreements. My Xfinity account is currently subject to the 1TB data usage plan.

As far as I can tell my internet and tv bundle is a bulk agreement included at my apartment complex. I say this because when I go to "Manage Plan" I get the following message "Good news! Xfinity service is included at your address. We've partnered with your community to bring Xfinity service to [my address]."

According to the below page "The Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan does not apply to Xfinity Internet customers on our Gigabit Pro tier of service. The plan also does not apply to Business Internet customers, customers on Bulk Internet agreements, and customers with Prepaid Internet."

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-find-area

Per the above it would seem that my account should be exempt from the 1TB data usage plan. Yet my account still has it.

If anyone could help me figure out the seeming discrepancy I would really appreciate it!

Have you gone over the 1TB limit and were charged for it?  The limit is there for most residential accounts, even if you're on a bulk account.  All that is being said is that you're not having to pay for any overages beyond the 1TB limit.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: 1TB usage plan with apartment bulk agreement?

Thank you for the clarification!

I've only gone over 1TB for one month, so I wouldn't expect any charges given the included 2 courtesy months.

Is there any way to check if I'll be charged for overages beforehand, rather than finding out after the fact?