Community Forum

$19.99 comcast internet no contract performace starter plan

New Poster

$19.99 comcast internet no contract performace starter plan

March 2017 i enrolled in  a performace starter plan at #19.99 a month for internet only I am on housing assistance so i qualified I was not informed about internet essentials at all. I paid $100 deposit and this was a no contract plan.I recieved a letter stating i was not on auto pay but was on paperless billing So i called and set up auto pay and the girl told me id recieve a $5.00 discount on my plan now I rent my modem so thats $11.00 more No complaint from me paying for rental. I just recieved my next bill and its over $60.00 This is after i set up what was requested to do Also i would have to disconnect for 3 months to qualify for the internet essential program I just want to keep my original package How do i do this now that they changed my plan without my permission Please help before i cancell

Official Employee

Re: $19.99 comcast internet no contract performace starter plan

Hi Robertamccool, I can look into this and see what we can do about getting your promo rate back or seeing how we can add internet essentials to your account. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am on the same boat as Robertamccool! I am very upset to find out that my rate will end and it would hike up to $45 after a $5 discount. I do not need anything extra, I did not even ask for the upgrade to a higher speed internet. I am not going to be able to afford the higher rate. ComcastAmir, I am going to private message you to see what you can do about getting my promo rate back. 

Expert

@keymaster1 wrote:

I am on the same boat as Robertamccool! I am very upset to find out that my rate will end and it would hike up to $45 after a $5 discount. I do not need anything extra, I did not even ask for the upgrade to a higher speed internet. I am not going to be able to afford the higher rate. ComcastAmir, I am going to private message you to see what you can do about getting my promo rate back. 

Sending a Private Message without request is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello keymaster1, the information that (Again) shared is correct. In the future, please follow all forum guidelines outlined in the link provided. Also, I replied to your PM please reach back out to me there. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

@ComcastAmir, I was also on the 19.99 performance deal, and I was also bumped off of it to $45. I tried to work to get back to my original rate, but I am still not there. I went with xfinity exclusively because of this rate, and I also have no interest in the faster download speeds. I am only interested in keeping my monthly cost down.

Official Employee

Kadbury16 wrote: @ComcastAmir, I was also on the 19.99 performance deal, and I was also bumped off of it to $45. I tried to work to get back to my original rate, but I am still not there. I went with xfinity exclusively because of this rate, and I also have no interest in the faster download speeds. I am only interested in keeping my monthly cost down.

Hello, I am more than happy to look into all available internet promotions in your area. To better assist you, please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".