Community Forum

11 hours with cust svc and still no resolution

Highlighted
New Poster

11 hours with cust svc and still no resolution

I have had continuous service at the same address since 1998.
1.In August Comcast moved my service address to a new location without my authorization.
2. Called them when I noticed billing address was wrong. They said I had to file an identity theft form since service was established without my permission.
3. Even though they had my credit card on file for auto pay, it was on my real account and charges accrued on the new phantom account. They sent bills to phantom address.
4. Internet is intermittent. Am trying to fix internet problems but now they won't do anything until I pay $400 BECAUSE they sent bills to wrong address!. So I paid them off for service at wrong address.
5. They were supposed to cancel the service at wrong address and transfer to right address.
Instead they cancelled both! And established NEW SERVICE at my OLD address. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! IF internet works, cable won't. They fix cable and internet goes out. Internet intermittent. BUT THEY CANNOT TROUBLESHOOT INTERMITTENT PROBLEMS!
6. So I asked for a technician. They said they would charge me a $70 INSTALLATION FEE because it's a NEW SERVICE! NO IT IS NOT!!!!
7. Can't stream their services because it says it only works on LG and SAMSUNG. But this is a SHARP ROKU that had the app built-in

The only way I can watch tv is to login to my neighbors WIFI and use YOUTUBETV. I'M STILL WAITING FOR COMCAST TO CINE UP WITH A RESOLUTION.

BTW...when I call in for service and enter my phone number it is still associated with the WRONG PHANTOM ADDRESS.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: 11 hours with cust svc and still no resolution

@Bostonsusu 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: 11 hours with cust svc and still no resolution

Hi there, Bostonsusu. We appreciate you posting and coming here for support. We do want to say a special thank you for your many, many years as a Comcast customer. We appreciate you! Very sorry to hear about the recent complications with your account. You have come to the right place for support though. We are committed to correcting these issues and getting your account back to normal. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your name (first and last) and current account number. We will review everything on this end and go from there.

To send a private message, please click our name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!