Community Forum

100 yards of Xfinity wire in my yard for 4+ months

Highlighted
New Poster

100 yards of Xfinity wire in my yard for 4+ months

This winter, xfinity ran 200 yards of cable across my front yard, through trees over my driveway, across my side yard and into my neighbor's property, to connect the tap on my property to another down the street.  Although our internet/phone was never impacted, the crew said this temporary arrangement was to restore service to the remainder of the street.  Well, it's now be four months and they never returned to complete the repair.  Can someone at Xfinity please reach us about scheduling a date to complete the repair and remove the temporary cable?   I doubt it is going to survive the first visit from my lawn guy's commercial mower.  We are located in Brewster, NY.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: 100 yards of Xfinity wire in my yard for 4+ months

@smmoore9 wrote:

This winter, xfinity ran 200 yards of cable across my front yard, through trees over my driveway, across my side yard and into my neighbor's property, to connect the tap on my property to another down the street.  Although our internet/phone was never impacted, the crew said this temporary arrangement was to restore service to the remainder of the street.  Well, it's now be four months and they never returned to complete the repair.  Can someone at Xfinity please reach us about scheduling a date to complete the repair and remove the temporary cable?   I doubt it is going to survive the first visit from my lawn guy's commercial mower.  We are located in Brewster, NY.

You might delicately alert your neighbor that their service is vulnerable to interruption due to the exposed cable on your property and you can't guarantee your lawn service can protect it.  They could also notify Comcast that they are concerned.  Maybe coming at Comcast from two different directions can get some results.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)