Community Forum

[wired tech support and unfair billing] Support asked me to sign another contract with higher price

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

[wired tech support and unfair billing] Support asked me to sign another contract with higher price

Dear sir/madam,

Yesterday morning, I just signed a contract to upgrade the normal TV to high definition TV(

X1 Saver Double Play includes:

• XFINITY Digital Starter and StreampixTM for primary outlet
• XFINITY Performance 25 Internet or Performance Plus Internet (where available)
• For $***** per month for months 1-12.

), but when I tried to activate the TV at night, the technical support asked me to sign another ***$ contract online, and told me that it would not impact the contract price otherwise I can't get it activated. But today, I consulted with online support, they told me that my contract price will be increased, otherwise they will remove the high definition TV!!!!  

NOTE: I delete the price and hope it helps Xfinity to protect the business pricing information, *** means the original price, ***+10 means the new price. 

For story details, see below:

Yesterday, I signed a contract with price **$ online, and also got a pdf version of contract listed the function with Digital Starter and 150M Internet. (btw, online support guy asked me to go UPS to replace the TV box, however UPS only take the old TV box back and had no new TV box, so it forced me to rush to xfinity physical store to get the new one back, it can be IMPROVED)

So yesterday night, I tried to setup the new box, and system asked me to call the technical support at 8665122218 (it takes me 56 minutes to finish the setup, many thank to the tech for the time. However, it's not efficient, it can be IMPROVED either by product itself or technical procedure)

The problem is, the technical support asked me to sign another contract with different price ***+10$ plus tax/fee, I suggested not to sign it as it's risky, however the technician confirmed it will not impact the price, otherwise she can't activate it and I can't use it (it is a big MISTAKE which has big IMPACT). So I accepted this new contract online and assume it was a invalid contract, and it was only a technical procedure and wouldn't impact the price.

So today, I contacted online technical support to confirm if anything wrong the contract, and make sure it will not impact my contract, but the online support told me there was a contract of ***$, but somehow, the contract with price of *+10$ will apply to my incoming bill, otherwise they will remove my function of high definition TV (again, it should be improved by setting up the escalation channel rather than providing unacceptable/unfair solution to customer), see message below: 

Message 1: """Thank you for waiting, *******. I have carefully gone through the account and checked on the factors that could have changed the pricing on the package. I was able to find out that the quoted amount of $**** was the approximate amount at the time. However, there have been slight changes on the pricing due to taxes and fees. Here's what we can do today, I can made an adjustment for the difference between the quoted price of $**** and the new estimated monthly rate for the account of $***+10."""

Message 2: """Thank you for your patience, ***. I have checked further on the $**** that was quoted by the previous agent as estimated monthly rate. The price changed when you switched your cable box with a DVR box. $**** include Standard TV box. Your current package includes X1 Cloud DVR which enables you to record your favorite shows and there's additional charge for DVR service. Thus, the reason for your bill having the new estimate of $****+10."""

Message 3: """Thi is just to set expectation. ***. I checked the system, moving forward, your bill will be at around $****+10."""

I think it's not fair and wrong! No business person and no business company will try to change the contract because a technical support send a different contract to customer, please help and let me know how to resolve this problem, and please also let me know if it happens very often, or do we have any other chanel (twitter/facebook/third party laywer) to escalate this kind of BIG PROBLEM.

Thanks in advance.