Community Forum

why so many formerly long time customers are cutting the cord

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

why so many formerly long time customers are cutting the cord

it's time to go through the headache of renegotiating a price for another year of service with comcast. so i do my research and see on the xfinity site the various offers and deals they are running for people in my zipcode. one of which is my identical service level, blast plus and 100+ channels of cable (digital economy) at the rate i am currently paying. super.

wanting to get a jump on things now so that my next bill wont jump almost $50 when the agreement lapses, i reached out to customer support via your forums. the first person who tried to assist, found a much better price but i would only be getting TEN cable channels.  i mentioned the deals in my area and that my current offerinigs match 100% the xfinity deal listed, and was never given a response. ok. maybe the person is out sick or quit. try again.

the next person promised me exactly the same service level... at a lower price!  hooray! so i said 'sign me up!'. . .and on checking back i see another pm that reads basically oops,  got the wrong level of service. to get the price quoted i would have to take a radical cut in tv channels or my price will jump to over $110.  again, no mention of the xfinity promotion listed on your site. 

mistakes happen and people are human. i get that. .. but one should be careful not to promise what one cannot make happen.

loyal customers should not have to go through this madness every year just to keep service. it does not make any sense as a successful business model. imagine if your utility company did this to you and made you negotiate terms every year! i'm really nearing the point where i just dont want to be bothered with this anymore.

I was finally able to capture the offer off your main site.  this is what i have now. you were able to get this for me last year on renewal. so why are we having to go through all this bother this year?  i really dont want to drop xfinity but once again i'm finding the headache just isnt worth it. i'm old. my health is poor and i really dont need the aggrevation anymore.

could someone please make this happen for me?

thanks

XFINITY Services - Shop All Offers, Bundles, & Deals

Official Employee

Re: why so many formerly long time customers are cutting the cord

Hello zoopy. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price.

I help review your account to see if that offer is available and if not, I can see if there are any offers available that may better suit your budget. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: why so many formerly long time customers are cutting the cord

I looked up an internet-only promo online in my zipcode and found a reasonable $50/month for 100 megs download with a 12 month commitment. 

No human I talked to would allow me to get that special, and I couldn't sign-up online. 

It's like every attempt I make to get my bill to where it was when they originally promised, it ends up going up instead.