Community Forum

was told $60 installation fee would be waived

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

was told $60 installation fee would be waived

I ordered a self install kit when I started service last week.I was not able to activate my service after calling multiple times with CSR's and first representative informed me that my modem was faulty and asked me to buy one from xfinity or outside,then I brought one from best buy and 2nd attempt also none of the walls has no signals and then representative realized that no signal to walls and scheculed Tech appointment and informed over phone that "they will waive the installation  charges if the problem with signal or they will charge me if the device is faulty".
Tech told me that no connection to home and connected now.I still got charged $60 for installation and when i called customer service line and they managed to waive $20 for next month bill.

Even when i asked to connect their supervisor to talk about my issue they said all are busy and will get a call from supervisor
within 24 - 48 hrs,but never received a call.Also,asked them to check the call record what they promosied me before I accept their terms.All they say is " I do understand your problem and sorry for miss information provided by CSR"

I don't want to be charged for even single penny when I was told they will waive if the device is not faulty.But CSR line not considering what they informed to me before I accept their terms over the phone.

If the issue not resolved then I am planning to cancel my service within 30 days,will they still charge the installation fees?

Official Employee

Re: was told $60 installation fee would be waived

Hi Raju123, I can look into this matter for you and credit the remaining $40.00 fro install if we find that this was indeed promised to you. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me" so that I can get started. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

The exact same thing happened to me! Bait and switch. I asked for the $60 fee to be waived. He went back to his manager and got it approved. Dishonest. Terrible. Now, they won't credit me...it was a "valid charge". Same excuse. Awful.

Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.