Community Forum

unauthorized increase in bill

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

unauthorized increase in bill

who authorized the increase in my bill!!!!       If my bill is not adjusted to under $200 a month, by Monday morning; I am cancelling.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: unauthorized increase in bill

Sudden jumps in fees are usually at the end of a promotional period.  If you go back over past bills, you'll most likely see a warning of it somewhere on the bill.  You can line up the new bill with an old one and go through it line by line to find out where the increased cost came in.

New Poster

I too just had an increase in my bill around $70.00 dollars.

I am pretty new to Comcast, about three months and my promotional period is not even close to ending.

When my wife called the comcast representitive who I might add was very cordial, politely told my wife that she could see that something definitely was not right.

She told my wife that for some unkown reason that comcast computer system just ended the promotional period for no reason, and we were not the only people that this has recently happened to.

She went on to say that the problem was definately on Comcasts end and since we had auto withdrawl bill pay that we should let the overcharge go ahead 

and be withdrawn from our bank account  and that we would be credited in the next billing cycle.

I really lack faith that this will transpire, I have a feeling we will be back on the phone looking for resolution that will not come until I go back to the competitor.

The reasons for my lack of faith are the following.

1) Signed up for Double play and was supposed to get a $150.00 gift card which I never received made several calls (still unresolved)

2) Am having repeated loss of channels every weekend that we have made calls about (still unresolved)

3) last but not least the billing issue above that apparently began around the same time the ghost channel issue began.

Doe everyone get the same treatment from Comcast?

A lot of people who just pretend to help with the promise of reolution that never comes!

Frustrated 0265

Highlighted
New Poster

I am in the same boat. They have upped me over 45$ and my bundle doesn't expire for another year. Even though my bundle has remained the same price they have increased my rental fees by $40. BIG SCAM!!!

Official Employee

Hello @alexstraiton. I can assist with reviewing your bill to help you identify the increase. As it was stated above, it sounds like there was an introductory promotional discount that may have expired. I can assist with reviewing your account for any additional savings that may be available. I'll just need to access your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!