Community Forum

unautherized account access

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

unautherized account access

It has come to my attention that it is possible for someone to access your comcast account (since this happened to me today) as long as they know your personal information. I have tried severial times to talk to the comcast security team 18885654329 and have them put a PIN # on my account that would be requiered for any one trying to access my account. I have verified with different department that this added feature that I requested did not work. It is a strong feeeling that I have that comcast will not do what they can to protect your identity. Considering they offer a home security service (which I have) you would think that there account protection would be help to a higher standard. Now I am waiting for a supervisor in the retention department to call me back since one of the representatives thinks that this situation is funny. I do not see where account protection is funny.

Admin1

Re: unautherized account access

Hi fdny91101 -- Sorry to hear that you've run into these account protection issues. To be clear, we do take account protection very seriously. This is why we have our Security Assurance team as we are committed to stopping any account fraud. I would encourage you to continue to work with them as they will be able to find a solution to your protection issue. 

New Poster

Re: unautherized account access

thank you for the encouragement, however working with them or anyon else at comcast seems like I am banging my head against a wall. Everytime you talk to a different person you get a different answer.